Why I like Friendly Metal Detecting Forum better: Some thoughts...

I've never been a member of another metal detecting related forum, and I don't have any plans to join another forum because I really like this one.

It might sound cheesy, but it's true :)

Just so the new guy knows where not to go... Could someone tell me what the other forum is?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

That would not be appropriate to do.

Just as we would not like being bashed on another site, we will not allow it here.

Just so the new guy knows where not to go... Could someone tell me what the other forum is?

I agree with SeaBeeRon...that would not be appropriate. Remember that treasure is in the eye of the beholder. My experience will not be the same as someone else's. Thing one thing I'm very comfortable sharing though, is that Friendly is a great place to be!!

I agree with SeaBeeRon...that would not be appropriate. Remember that treasure is in the eye of the beholder. My experience will not be the same as someone else's. Thing one thing I'm very comfortable sharing though, is that Friendly is a great place to be!!
I appreciate and respect that decision. I actually assumed that someone would pm me since it seems all the experienced detectors are clued in. I too really enjoy this forum... And I don't have time to keep up with more than one.

Well said sir! I couldn't agree more have loved this forum from day and have came to it first off in my search for a metal detecting site of sorts. I found what I was hopeimg for and had no intentions or need there of to look into another forum. An you sir have grounded that fact in even more! Love your posts and finds Skippy now.....if only I can find yet my first ring lol!!! I do have a number of recent finds and picture I need to get up over the last couple hunts. Coming soon gotta clean some and find time etc... My wife hunted with me in the last couple and my good bud Bret who so happend to find a ring in the same lot we were working lol. Anyhow this place is AWESOME! Happy to have you on board ring magnet! An happy for such a wonderful group of other folks to share the hobby!! Happy Hunting!! My wife and I are Hunting after work mabey today is the day my ring will be found lol!! I have had many many many firsts over the last couple days... Anyhow enough ranting on! Good people great info lots of fun here!

MetalHead

Well said sir! I couldn't agree more have loved this forum from day and have came to it first off in my search for a metal detecting site of sorts. I found what I was hopeimg for and had no intentions or need there of to look into another forum. An you sir have grounded that fact in even more! Love your posts and finds Skippy now.....if only I can find yet my first ring lol!!! I do have a number of recent finds and picture I need to get up over the last couple hunts. Coming soon gotta clean some and find time etc... My wife hunted with me in the last couple and my good bud Bret who so happend to find a ring in the same lot we were working lol. Anyhow this place is AWESOME! Happy to have you on board ring magnet! An happy for such a wonderful group of other folks to share the hobby!! Happy Hunting!! My wife and I are Hunting after work mabey today is the day my ring will be found lol!! I have had many many many firsts over the last couple days... Anyhow enough ranting on! Good people great info lots of fun here!

MetalHead

Found ring #63 for the year today. Gave it away promptly to a little girl at the park. Mom had watched her following me the whole time. Just went up to the mom/grandma and asked "which little girl is yours?" She pointed out "Kennedy! Wave to the nice man!" And I plopped the aluminum ring in her hand. Eyes as big as dinner plates. Good fun.

Looking forward, though, to the next gold silver or platinum!!

My senior year of high school was in 1984, we had vic comador 20's for computers, In computer math class we had to come up with questions to ask a college in California, dial the number on a old style Bell telephone and set the receiver on the modem and wait till the 300 baud modem made connection. It was all text. Those were the days. Every thing was line by line basic. No mouse, just if, then, for, next,goto,cls,etc,etc.

Omg! You were spoiled! We got carrier pigeons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I like it here too.. :D

Been here for a while now. Made many great friends.

Had a lot of great help. People on here are willing to help you out. Don't matter what kind of detector you use.

I know that when I go to the Philippines for the winter, This forum sure gives me something to do. I have good chats with many of the members here.

If you are down a little, this is the place that will pick you up again. Everyone seams to care about your well being.

KEN

I like many of you used to be on other forums for years. Time after time, year after year the moderators were banning one guy or another, posts were deleted and constant drama. I for one don't have time nor care about all the BS. This site seems so different. Why? Maybe it's because of the moderators. If so thank you because this is by far my favorite metal detecting site.

I'm on most all the other detecting forums with a post count less than half what I have here. So as you can see I like here far better.

Also, as a former Moderator here myself, I can say these Admin's and Moderator's really do care about making this site different than all the rest.

I'm on most all the other detecting forums with a post count less than half what I have here. So as you can see I like here far better.

Also, as a former Moderator here myself, I can say these Admin's and Moderator's really do care about making this site different than all the rest.

Nice! It's cool to know the behind the scenes stuff is happening. I had no idea. Oblivious to it, I just figured this was the best place on earth by accident. LOL

Thanks for sharing. :)

I guess I got lucky as this was the first one I signed up with! I've been very happy here and people have always answered my questions when I've had them. Now that I have a phone that can take a decent picture, I look forward to being more active in posting like I used to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I got lucky as this was the first one I signed up with! I've been very happy here and people have always answered my questions when I've had them. Now that I have a phone that can take a decent picture, I look forward to being more active in posting like I used to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mobile phones have changed everything, haven't they. LOL

I saw a sign on a cubical wall up at work that said,
"If I traveled back in time to the 1950's, the most difficult thing to explain would be that I have a device in my pocket that accesses the entirety of information known to man, and I use it to look at cats and get into arguments with strangers all day."

Yep. The only difference I'd make is cats = "metal detecting finds."

LOL

Usually it real nice around here so glad you're hanging with us.
Just like everywhere else tho,sometimes you get some with righteous to the extreme.
But that usually reserved for the guys digging cemeteries or asking about laws and a such nonsense ,
And.....there's always that Mad guy!

;)
Have fun here! That's what counts

I agree FMDF is the best! Before I joined I lurked at 'em all and one of my younger newby MD friends had just joined that one with the initials T.N. (yeah that one) and had the audacity to ask about possible value of a brass Disney figurine he found in his yard. Someone on that forum very rudely jumped down his throat about his question and it turned him off to the place and he never went back. I decided then and there that place was not for me.

Back
Top Bottom