Last 2 Hunts: 2 Wheats, Silver Sailor’s Cross and a Major Fool’s Gold

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Saturday’s Hunt: Decided to take Noxy for a sunrise wet sand hunt at a beach I used to go to more often before Irma changed conditions drastically last year. This was my 5th hunt at this beach all this year and it seemed to be getting back to how it used to be. This was a great hunt for me and Noxy as I now feel I am starting to learn it. Some of the nickels I got were as deep as any quarters I ever pulled with my CZ here. I was impressed. I used the ‘Nox exactly for the reason I bought it for – wet sand with the ability to water hunt. I did go in the water for about an hour total of my 3.5 hour hunt to cool off from the oppressive heat. :coolinoff: Pulling the rare Wheat was neat as was going over 100 coins with a nice clad amount.

Sunday’s Hunt: Went on my 2nd planned hunt with TheKrustyClad today with the Excal (Merlin). This time we went to a secret beach of his choosing somewhere in the mid area of Miami Beach. So he tells me that his beach will be better than the one I took him to. “There will be gold, he said. LOTS OF GOLD, he said. You will be a rich man, he said”. :razz: :laughing: When we got to the beach he headed north and I headed south. I really enjoyed the conditions we hunted in for 4.5 hours. Smooth surf and there were many rocky patches that I hit some greenies that thought would produce at some point the gold but they didn’t. At the 3rd hour into the hunt, I come across a semi-protected area between some rocky jetties that looked promising. It was sandy however but I thought the area looked good so I do some haphazard gridding and that’s when the Sailor’s cross showed up! I worked the area around looking for the chain but it didn’t happen. Then shortly afterwards the beautiful yellow shows up in the scoop. :clapping: There were people about so I quickly and deftly put it away in my pouch’s hidden pocket. I did notice the weight and I was happy thinking I had scored the real deal! A little while afterwards I start making my way back north and I run into Krusty heading south. He gives me the thumbs down while I give him the thumbs up. I tell him “First let me show you who’s “BOSS”! :lol: I show him my junk earring. Then I take out my honker of a "gold" ring and show it to him and he tells me there’s corrosion inside. :blink: Since my eyesight is no match for his I believed him and now thought I had a good looking heavy junk ring. My balloon was now deflated. :( I then show him the sailor’s cross and he sees “925” so my balloon refilled a bit since I was unsure on the cross. At home, I examine the ring carefully and see "Tungsten" on the inside which accounted for its nice weight. The sailor's cross is marked "925". It was great to be out on a hunt with Krusty again even though I have now gone 8 hunts without a real yellow. It seems I’m in a bit of a slump but that’s just how this hobby goes.

Attachments

• 9-15-18.jpg
    9-15-18.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 516
  • 9-15-18 Tokens & Wheat.jpg
    9-15-18 Tokens & Wheat.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 487
  • 9-16-18.jpg
    9-16-18.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 535
  • 9-16-18 Cross.jpg
    9-16-18 Cross.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 463
  • 9-16-18 TR.jpg
    9-16-18 TR.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 447
  • 9-16-18 Wheat.jpg
    9-16-18 Wheat.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 469
Definitely an awesome hunt. Always fun to find any jewelry at the beach in my opinion boss.

Wow- that '29 penny is in amazing condition! Congrats on all the finds and getting more comfortable with the Nox. Yes, those tungsten rings are everywhere nowadays but can be a sign that gold is nearby! :yes:

Wow, dont know what I'd have done seeing that in the scoop. Bummer, that's a beauty!

That brings tears to my eyes! What happened to the love of gold, don't they get it? You buy anything but gold and your marriage will not last! Im·pu·ri·ties!!

Isn't it depressing to think you have a winner and you're continuing to hunt thinking NOOOO I'm not getting skunked I already got a score only to find out sorry Charlie no you don't ! Been there done that a few times:no: But that is a nice cross. congrats

i feel your pain felix i found 2 rings on vacation tungsten carbide thought was white gold then a nice gold ring that was stainless :mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom