T Handle Lecshe

That's great I'm glad it worked out for you. Mine is still going strong after weeks of abuse. The good thing is if you want to go back to the original strt handle you can easily. Happy. Hunting with your T handle lecshe.

The only thing I am going to change is the tape I put on the handle the electrical tape is a little slippery. Im going to find some cloth type tape or superglue some inner tube rubber to the handle.

Buy yourself a can of spray rubber, the kind that electricians use on their metal tools. Believe it or not, but I waterproofed a pair of work boots with that stuff and it held up for quite a long time. You'll gain some grip with it too.

I have the vague impression that the "T" would be better at a slight angle (vs. aligned with blade) ... to you all using the mod - do you agree? I'm thinking -20 degrees from aligned.

Strange. My Lesche digger has a hard black handle that tapers slightly. Others I see on the web have a constant-radius handle.

6905467639_a7faf2b0f5.jpg

very nice !!! I may try to just drill thru the t and handle for a pin to secure it

How I'd do it...

... and may do so if I can find someone who can weld 4130 alloy. I've seen a lot of people gripping / pushing the crossguard at this location for extra leverage.

lesche-improved.jpg

Great mod. I'll try a simular mod to my Planter Buddy 7 in 1.
I've developed quite a calus in the center of my right palm.

Yes... I know I left a joke hanging out there!

5 months of heavy abuse and the T is still going strong!!! Its great for prying the plug up and pushing down. Glad to see all the intrest and ideas you all have. Hope whatever way you attach the T or side hande it makes your digging easier like it did me. I made one for my buddy and his is still going strong and he loves it.

... and may do so if I can find someone who can weld 4130 alloy. I've seen a lot of people gripping / pushing the crossguard at this location for extra leverage.

lesche-improved.jpg

Give me that thing!

T handle digger made in home shop

Hey usmceng1, I liked your idea of a T handle so much that I welded one up in the shop. First one so it is a little rough. The blade is made of 420c steel which I intend to lightly harden (dont want it too hard and brittle). Great Idea. I briefly considered putting a pivoting handle on it like on a rotohammer but it works so well like it is I don't think it needs any gimicks. Thanks for the idea........................metalwrkr

Attachments

• Thandledigger 003 (640x480).jpg
    Thandledigger 003 (640x480).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 561
The only thing I am going to change is the tape I put on the handle the electrical tape is a little slippery. Im going to find some cloth type tape or superglue some inner tube rubber to the handle.

At home depot in the electric isle there is a rubber splicing tape that is thick and bonds to it self with out any adhesive. I've been using it for tool handles for years and it gives a great grip. The best part is that there are no adhesives to get sticky or messy like some cheap tapes.

You know, this is worth passing along to the manufacturer.

The manufacturer is aware, and takes note.
Have you not seen the Mini-Sampson yet?
Sure, the blade is a bit wider. But it sure is a nice digger!
Personally, I use the 31" Sampson because of the better leverage and takes the strain off of my wrists.
Still use my Lesche too, and may just have to try the "Tee" mod.
Good idea!
I think after adding the Tee I will dip the handle in Plasti-Dip to better secure and insulate the handle.
I use the same stuff to dip the end of my Garrett Pro Pointer in, to protect the tip, and it last a LONG time.

maybe try that tape they use to wrap on hockey sticks....whatever thats called, i can't think of the name of it. you should be able ta find it at a sporting goods store.

Hockey tape is Grip Tape, It has texture to it, also comes in smooth, the black has grip and white is smooth

Back
Top Bottom