Where do you buy your batteries?

killeraxemannic

Ok so I thought this would be a fun question. I was at Walmart the other day and they wanted 8 bucks for 2 9V batteries. Seemed kinda ridiculous. Found some good deals for 9v's on Amazon, but if you can't wait there's always the pack from Costco.

Either way... just wondering where everyone buys their AA's and 9V's for their detectors. Where do you think the best battery deals are?

I get mine local but have seen some great deals on a 100 box of Duracell on ebay. Energizer ' doesn't seem to last as long. I just bought an 8 pack of Duracell AA batteries at family Dollar for $6.50.

Get rechargeable Sanyo eneloop (AA) batteries. Can buy at Costco. Using the same 8 batteries in my AT Pro 3+ years later.

I've bought my last ones from Ebay in boxs of 9V(12ct) for around $16 as I remember. Duracell Procells.

AA batteries? Eneloops all the way,

I have tried all kinds.
Family Dollar, Big Lots and stores like that have deals, but I don't seem to get a lot of life out of some packages.
CVS has BOGO deals on 9v's from time to time.
Costco is good for Duracel 9v's, not bad on Duracell AA's.
I tried their house brand and had good luck but many people online have complained about leaking.
Lately I just go to Batteries Plus Bulbs and buy a 30 pack of AA's for $12.99 when needed.
They last as long as anything I have ever tried and there are stores on just about every corner close.
They used to have a comparable deal on Rayovac 9v's but no more.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1442366689678.jpg
    PicsArt_1442366689678.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 503
I run Energizer Ultimate lithiums in my AT Pro's, I get them on ebay bulk and watch for deals over the winter.

One thing about batteries off ebay DO NOT buy any loose batteries, only sealed in packages. I got a box of 12 9v batteries once and they were used. :mad:

I have a batteries plus in my town so I will have to check them out. Looks like they sell a 6 pack of Werker brand 9v for about 10 bucks and an 8 pack of AA's for 7 bucks.

I have tried eneloops before but it seems like they end up getting thrown away by various family members who don't know any better. I bought a pack of them and before I knew what happened all but the few that I put in my devices disappeared. :mad:

9V get a Recharge 9V for about $10 and a charger.

Those things last forever in a pinpointer.

Rechargeable

Ive been using rechargeable 9v from harbor freight for a long time, I have 4 that I keep rotating in the charger.I cant remember the cost,its been to long.Well worth it though.

Get rechargeable Sanyo eneloop (AA) batteries. Can buy at Costco. Using the same 8 batteries in my AT Pro 3+ years later.

Started using these this year and never looked back. Wish I had started using them earlier. In the long run, they are saving me a lot of $.

Back
Top Bottom