Need help identifying hidden cave entrance !

Thank you for your reply Pappy Griff,

I dont have any permision, i think i will just go and move the rock to see if there is something behind.

Do you have an idea how to move this rock or a part of it fastly and stealthly without bringing unwanted attention. Or better yet to know if there is something behind without moving it ?

Thanks.

That rock is huge, DO NOT try to move it with anything by yourself if it falls back on you your going to at least break something, or worse get your hand, arm or leg trapped and be stuck their till who knows when. In this case I would say the benefit doesn't out weigh the risk.

That rock is huge, DO NOT try to move it with anything by yourself if it falls back on you your going to at least break something, or worse get your hand, arm or leg trapped and be stuck their till who knows when. In this case I would say the benefit doesn't out weigh the risk.

He could always gnaw his arm off :)

I think that rock is much heavier than you estimate.. perhaps 5X heavier at least.. dangerous to move alone..if there is a cave there then it had to take a team of men or a team of animals to move it..you need an excavator..not a bottle jack.. I don't actually believe it was placed to hide a cave entrance..

Hello guys,

Sorry for making you waiting. I returned to the rock last week ( it's 400km far from my town ), i bought a 4 Tons hydraulic jack as you told me and a metal rod. I tried with all my power but it was really hard to move it, if you look at the picture you can see thar it moved few milimeters.

You think i must return with a bigger jack ? Thanks.

Dig, Typhoon, dig! You need a long lever to pop out the big rocks behind there. Then dig!
I do not believe that big round rock is the treasure cave plugging round rock you hope it to be, but a massive project of wit combined with muscle is good for a person. Just be sure to use enough wit to avoid calamity.

Typhoon, to not look suspicious, get a large back pack. Get enough tow straps to reach the nearest tree or large bush if not too far away from the boulder. Hook one strap around the base of the tree or large bush. Hook a two ton come-a-long with cable and hook on each end between the straps. Hook one strap around the top of the boulder and crank the cable in. You can use a 3 ft. pipe over the end of the crank handle for more leverage. You may be able to pull it over. Hope this helps. Please stay away from the down side of the boulder. Good Luck

I would personally start digging in from the lower right hand side to see if there might be an entrance. Better and safer than trying to move the whole rock

Typhoon, to not look suspicious, get a large back pack. Get enough tow straps to reach the nearest tree or large bush if not too far away from the boulder. Hook one strap around the base of the tree or large bush. Hook a two ton come-a-long with cable and hook on each end between the straps. Hook one strap around the top of the boulder and crank the cable in. You can use a 3 ft. pipe over the end of the crank handle for more leverage. You may be able to pull it over. Hope this helps. Please stay away from the down side of the boulder. Good Luck

Bad advice..snapped cables have been known to literally cut a man in half..the whole idea of it hiding a cave entrance is preposterous

Hello gentlemen,

First of all i want to thank this community members for their passion and knowledge sharing.

I'am new to treasure hunting, i am suspecting that the rock in the pictures below is covering a cave, i took the pictures myself in a hill near some historic ruins ( i have an information that there is a cave entrance covered by a round rock in this mountain ).

Please tell me what do you think as you are far more experienced than me, is this rock in this position natural or human made ?

Stop..that is natural...show your pictures to a geologist..you don't have to tell him the whole story..just ask his opinion if it's a natural formation..

We still can't seem to figure out if this is legal. The OP said they didn't want to bother with permits, which implies that in order to legally do anything, he would need one...which in turn means doing it without a permit is illegal.

I'd love to find out the details, to feed my curiosity.

Dude, don't kill yourself. Definitely quit messing around with a hydraulic jack on rocks that big. Stability of a rock boulder pile cannot be assumed. Plus, this rock formation looks natural enough, so in my opinion you're wasting a lot of time.

I agree with the endoscope option if you really think this could be fruitful.

Been 2 weeks, maybe he got caught and arrested.

Has anyone heard from this guy lately? :)

I'm actually half-serious. I wouldn't trust trying to pry that rock away, propping it open, and expecting it to stay propped.

If that rock is 8 feet across and 1.5 thick (average), then I'm putting that at weighing close to 5 US tons. (9,357 lbs). I know it's standing almost on edge so moving the top of the rock horizontally is different than lifting that weight...

I doubt he'd get it moved enough to get in.

He'd certainly never get out if it closed on him while he was inside.

I just went back and saw that he did post of his attempt to move it with a 4-ton jack and barely moved it. I doubt the range of that jack was enough to move it far enough to squeeze through. I'm thinking even that I underestimated the size of the rock, too, at least the thickness.

Back
Top Bottom