View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Elite Member

The deepest coins I have found so far using park 2 after ground balancing were a silver dime and a silver quarter roughly 8 inches. It hit hard on them and ID'd them correctly among some shallower trash. But after I read ground balance dont matter much in multi , I have been hunting in 0 GB which apparently is a mistake because if I auto GB the detector it runs up into the 50's and 60's. Since the primary effect of GB in multi mode is depth I may have missed something at the extreme depth range of the detector. I think Minelab needs to retract their comments about GB'ing not really being necessary in multi mode.

What really surprises me though is beach mode being better for deep silver , atleast thats how its starting to look. But that has me confused about what I am giving up to hunt in that mode , since there is always a tradeoff somewhere.....you manipluate the settings for one particular target you usually lose a little something in some other aspect. Like switching to a larger coil for depth loses some target separation or ID.