Ace250 LCD Visual Explanation

Scrltt - If you have a prizm III, you shouldn't have too much trouble with the Ace250. It's basically the same as the Prizm IV with the notching. These Ace250's seem to be prety popular. Is it because of the price or is it really a good machine?
I have a Prizim III and my wife has an Ace 250. Both are very nice, but the Prizim III can't keep up with the Ace 250...IMHO (and my wife's).

The pics are great!!! I agree with others that Garrett should at least post them on their website (after paying for them, of course).

Excellent post!!!! Sure wish i had an ace 250 this would defiantly help me out!!! You wouldnt happen to have a garrett hunter cx plus that you could do the same with do you? I recently got this machine and have came close to just tossing this thing in the trash more than ive found anything. I just get more and more frustrated every time i go out. Well anyways very great post!!!

I have had my Ace for about four months. I will have agree with the claim that it will take about 100 hours of use to learn the machine.
I have gotten through some of the initial frustration this "BEEPING" machine has produced.
I now feel way more comfortable and confident that I am using the Ace properly. Point is...its gonna take you a 100 hrs to learn your machine....now I want a upgrade for the coast.... Just my newbie 2 cent!

Great Help

Thanks for such great pics and explination. It certainly will help.
Especially for those of us with the Ace 250 and new to MDing.

Very informative. I have a Prizm IV (but won't much longer:no:) and a silver dime definitely has a higher pitched tone than a copper penny. Both ring louder than the new copper washed penny or clad dime which come up about the same.

The ACE 250 intrigues me! The Whites M6 is in my sights but I might just get an ACE too.

Thanks - nice explanation. Did not know I could eliminate unwanted targets "notch out" .. will try that.

Wish I would have found this a month ago!

Very Nice explanation! I'm hoping to get a 250 soon, and when I do, i'll definably look these through again.

I don't have one... but I'm leaning towards the Ace 250 as my first machine.

Thanks for the informative post!

Great Help

I picked mine up used without any info other then what I had read on the net. Thanks for the post.

As mentioned previously, "notching" is not an exact art.

Never try to notch out pull tabs for instance. It is a feature to be used with
caution. ;)

Great thread, i just got my 250 today,iam going to read all this

I was a bit disappointed in discrimination option. In reality the device is always searching in all-metal mode - regardless the mode you chose, it just doesn't beep on eliminated icons. This means the system must first reset itself (after finding eliminated metal) and only than it's ready to search again. Meanwhile during this reaction time let's call it you could well pass that golden stick.:p

I AM FINDING, WITH MY ACE 250, A LOT OF THE TIMES IT WILL READ A DIME WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY A PENNY. ARE THE REST OF YOU FINDING THAT TO BE THE CASE?

My ACE does that. It could be a dime, an old silver five cent piece (very tiny), or copper small cent. These would at times jump from ten cents to one cent etc. on the graph. I learned to ignore the display (or use it as a general guide) and just detect by sound\tone. Considering all the variables that a machine has to process such as size, angle, metallic content, mineralized and or dry soil etc., I think that the little ACE does a pretty good job. I still like mine. But when I use my ACE I hunt by tone. The machines are imperfect, and so am I. We make the best guess with the information available, then dig or walk.

Back
Top Bottom