If you live in VA raise your hand.

It's been a while since I have been on the forum, haven't been digging as much as I used to and am trying to get back into detecting. Still using my AT Pro and picked up an Equinox 600 too. I am in Spotsylvania and willing to drive to meet up with folks.
Hey Todd, how's that 600 handling that soil up there? I just got one myself. I'm in Hanover...not far from you.

Hey Todd, how's that 600 handling that soil up there? I just got one myself. I'm in Hanover...not far from you.

Still getting used to the vdi numbers after using the AT Pro for so many years, first hunt in a park was pretty good, lots of clad and a gold ring, the ring was actually my first target. So far I’m liking it, used it at the beach over the summer and was really impressed with it in the wet sand, dry sand and the surf. I need to get back on some sites with some history, it’s been a while since I’ve dug some relics.

Still getting used to the vdi numbers after using the AT Pro for so many years, first hunt in a park was pretty good, lots of clad and a gold ring, the ring was actually my first target. So far I’m liking it, used it at the beach over the summer and was really impressed with it in the wet sand, dry sand and the surf. I need to get back on some sites with some history, it’s been a while since I’ve dug some relics.
Congrats on the ring! I haven't been out with mine yet. Looking forward to getting out to my relic spots soon to see how it fares. Got a new spot coming up close to the Wilderness Battlefield and POSSIBLY in your neck of the woods. Good luck!

Congrats on the ring! I haven't been out with mine yet. Looking forward to getting out to my relic spots soon to see how it fares. Got a new spot coming up close to the Wilderness Battlefield and POSSIBLY in your neck of the woods. Good luck!

Thanks, I am working on a spot near the Spotsylvania Courthouse. Let me know if you get down this way and want some company. I have permission on 10 acres that backs up to the Wilderness Battlefield, haven't hit it in a while and never found much but I am thinking I may take the Nox out there and see how it does.

Just checking in here from Woodbridge in Prince William County, about 30 miles south of DC. To be honest, apart from an hour or so poking around my front yard, all of my detecting has been done on the beach while on vacations in or near Ocean City, Maryland. This includes my very finest moment in metal detecting, when I dug out a very deep and utterly trashed Apple iPhone right in front of a group of seated beachgoers and had the presence of mind to immediately put it to my ear and say, "Can you hear me now?"

Anyhow, if there were some sort of get-together nearby of Virginia detectorists, I might easily be persuaded to attend, if only to pick folks' brains on very basic "off the beach" stuff like where one may and may not hunt, getting permissions, and so forth. Please shoot me a PM with contact info if you're throwing such a shindig.

I'm led to understand that our fine Commonwealth poses more and varied pains in the ass legally to swing a detector in than most other states, so I gather that even though a longtime veteran of the sands, this newbie to the dirt might do well to seek out a little guidance and fellowship.

By the way, here's that iPhone...

iPhoneFind.jpg

Born and raised in Hampton. I left 20 years ago. I loved growing up there in the 70’s and 80’s. I fished and crabbed all the time. But the taxes are to much as with most commonwealths. I still love to visit family.

VA Permit Process

This is the person I communicated with on the permit process.

Tony Watkinson
Chief, Habitat Management Division
Virginia Marine Resources Commission

I haven't applied as yet...……..

Northern VA resident, will travel if someone has some cool spots to hit! I'll share finds for good leads :D

This is the person I communicated with on the permit process.

Tony Watkinson
Chief, Habitat Management Division

I haven't applied as yet...……..
I had the forms sent to me a while back. $50 for the permit but I never sent it in.

The Chief, Habitat Management Division
I believe these are the folks that can get you started with a permit.

I live in Sandy Level 24161. and am looking for a hunting buddy. Pretty much 35 miles from Roanoke or Lynchburg or Danville.

Back
Top Bottom