Saturday Hunt, It'll Dew..... :-)

AlpoRanch

Both 14k but I highly doubt the emerald cut is a diamond. Fun day. Trying to find the owner on the wedding band.

Attachments

• 36835497_248679509252631_4045419151957688320_n.jpg
    36835497_248679509252631_4045419151957688320_n.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 539
Wow!!!!....Definitely a great day of hunting with 2 14k....very nice!!!

GL & HH
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:dingding: That 14K with the stone looks older. That's a killer hunt!

Well darn beat me to those. Me and 9 others likely hit that beach Sunday. I got a couple of small golds and a Rose gold was found. Ill trade ya :lol: Couple of nice ones.

Dew

Last edited:
Diamonds don't hold a fog with a breath test. Just HhhhAAAAA on it, and see what happens. If the condensation sticks for a long time, you've got a stone or CZ, if it pretty much disappears quickly, you can be reasonably assured it's diamond.

Because this test depends on relative humidity and temp, it's best to do it while breathing on a stone of known "fakeness" or a piece of glass (like your glasses). If you've never done it with a real diamond, it helps to do that, too, so you know what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Skippy

Its a dogs life for me........:laughing: I get no respect out there Itsa......im going to have to take up mugging those leaving the beach with all that high dollar bling around their neck.....because the other hunters are picking my pockets.:lol:

Diamonds don't hold a fog with a breath test. Just HhhhAAAAA on it, and see what happens. If the condensation sticks for a long time, you've got a stone or CZ, if it pretty much disappears quickly, you can be reasonably assured it's diamond.

Because this test depends on relative humidity and temp, it's best to do it while breathing on a stone of known "fakeness" or a piece of glass (like your glasses). If you've never done it with a real diamond, it helps to do that, too, so you know what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Skippy

THanks for the info Skippy. I will give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom