The Equinox User Manual. EXCELLENT!

SittingElf

While still on the waiting list for my ordered Nox 800, I downloaded the User Manual from Minelab, and printed out the whole thing on my Canon Duplex printer (it hates me now!). Three hole punched and put in a three ring binder.

I read it cover to cover yesterday while supervising my son while he was playing in a large indoor bouncy house / trampoline center. I am very seriously impressed by the manual! By the second read-through, I feel very confident that I will not have much problem getting into the ground with the Nox.

The manual is concise, easily understood, and complete. Easy to read with great alert callouts; suggestions for first use settings; and near-perfect illustrations. This is one of the best user manuals for ANY product I have ever seen, and I have a MUCH clearer understanding of the features and controls that will help me really take advantage of the detector out the gate on arrival. Night and day difference from the Garrett detector manuals I own.

I would highly recommend that those who are complaining about the lack of a printed manual included in the box, should take the PDF off of Minelab and either print it themselves or have a office copy location do it for them...in color! Much easier to reference than trying to find the right location for specific items while scanning on a computer.

Now...just eagerly awaiting my machine!!!

Last edited:
While still on the waiting list for my ordered Nox 800, I downloaded the User Manual from Minelab, and printed out the whole thing on my Canon Duplex printer (it hates me now!). Three hole punched and put in a three ring binder.

I read it cover to cover yesterday while supervising my son while he was playing in a large indoor bouncy house / trampoline center. I am very seriously impressed by the manual! By the second read-through, I feel very confident that I will not have much problem getting into the ground with the Nox.

The manual is concise, easily understood, and complete. Easy to read with great alert callouts; suggestions for first use settings; and near-perfect illustrations. This is one of the best user manuals for ANY product I have ever seen, and I have a MUCH clearer understanding of the features and controls that will help me really take advantage of the detector out the gate on arrival. Night and day difference from the Garrett detector manuals I own.

I would highly recommend that those who are complaining about the lack of a printed manual included in the box, should take the PDF off of Minelab and either print it themselves or have a office copy location do it for them...in color! Much easier to reference than trying to find the right location for specific items while scanning on a computer.

Only one critique... The manual does not have a troubleshooting guide for problems that may potentially occur. Most electronic device manuals include that. Also no deliniation of error codes, if any.

Now...just eagerly awaiting my machine!!!

There is a troubleshooting page in manual towards the back.

Back
Top Bottom