• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab Equinox Saltwater Beach Hunt in Hawaii

Plus the fact that we have no idea what the differences might be between his test unit and final production software.

Probably still limited as to how much they are allowed to show.

But it was good to see some IDs and hear a little of the tones.

Finally a real bit of footage.

Thanks Dr. Tone and Minelab.

Detector, have you seen the Neil Jones salt water video? While not the high quality editing of Dr Tones’ videos, I found it pretty enlightening. Super stable, and hitting a deep coin on edge.

Detector, have you seen the Neil Jones salt water video? While not the high quality editing of Dr Tones’ videos, I found it pretty enlightening. Super stable, and hitting a deep coin on edge.

Got a link to that video? I am waiting to see someone use it IN the salt water...

I really don't want to log in to facebook to watch the video, I guess I will wait for someone to post it on youtube.

I really don't want to log in to facebook to watch the video, I guess I will wait for someone to post it on youtube.

No need to go to Facebook, it’s linked FROM that pesky Facebook. Here is a direct link to the post:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/f...d-by-neil-jones/?do=findComment&comment=52537

I hope you watch it, it shows a lot more than Dr Tones’ video. They bury a coin on edge at least 7 inches deep, maybe more in wet sand, with waves spilling over and with sensitivity maxed its super stable and still hits the deep coin. It’s pretty eye opening (in my opinion).

Last edited:
No need to go to Facebook, it’s linked FROM that pesky Facebook. Here is a direct link to the post:

http://www.detectorprospector.com/f...d-by-neil-jones/?do=findComment&comment=52537

I hope you watch it, it shows a lot more than Dr Tones’ video. They bury a coin on edge at least 7 inches deep, maybe more in wet sand, with waves spilling over and with sensitivity maxed its super stable and still hits the deep coin. It’s pretty eye opening (in my opinion).

Ah yeah, that was pretty wild. Not sure the coin was on edge as he stomped it down pretty hard but I’m thinking after that stomp it was even a little deeper. Geez that wind was gusting hard, pretty good demo being right on the sand surf tide line with maxed sensitivity, really stable as far as sound. Wish we could have seen how stable the ID was.

Still asks me to login to facebook, and if i choose not now i can not see the video. Bummer, would have liked to see that...

Your not missing anything Zee...

Stick with your Excal... in the dirt I would like to try it but not so much at the beach.

Back
Top Bottom