• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cracking the code Deus V4

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
Alright, another hunt today,,5 hours long,,same site as yesterday.

I feel the need to share some I think worthy information.

Xp Deus version 4,, is quite a bit different from version 3.2.

Overall it is better,,will I think make some sites come alive again,,hunted previously with any detector really even Deus and previous versions to Version 4.

I listened close today,,and did make some worthy finds,,,considering all or maybe some of these has had a detector coil over them by me personally during the course of the last 6 years.

So what is different with version 4??

First let me say,,,so far my exclusive use of version 4 really is running the hot program.

I ran disc setting again today using full tones disc between 2.0 and 2.5., I did find a few finds by using,,and with time in the site today,,I really started bearing down.

My goal was to try and start seeing if by audio alone and how it behaved,,could I start cracking the code on maybe trying to realize what real challenged nonferrous might just sound like.

Well I tried using the disc settings above,,,whalt happened???

I was digging nails,,,yes nails sounded pretty darn good,,,one thing though about these signals here I was digging,,they were a bit shorter,,but has the other characteristics of usually what a good hit would sound like.

Well as I went t along,,I got over another one of these similar behaving/sounding targets,,,so I'm saying to myself,,huh and other nail???

Well here is where the light bulb started brighter,,,I started reducing disc,,got to zero,. this suspect target still sounded like a good hit(closer),,so I just kept lowering disc,,and sweeping,,,,when I got to -2.5--- Eureka!!

With disc setting -2.5 in full tones using version 4,,, to me this sounds awfully close to version 3.2 does.

Meaning the Deus over nails,,,give the rolling sounds,,with grunts.

I hunted for around 2 hours using in the site,,,,and the site sounded like I was running 3.2 (almost),, and this here is BIG.

Deus version 4,, based even on so far roughly 8 hours in the field,,,has even more of an inate ability to find nonferrous in iron and nails,,,but ALSO has the more inate ability even a user will listen to tone intelligence/ characteristics,,,to ID ferrous materials with unusually shapes,,including round(er).

And before a person says,,Well Deus has always liked round,,,yes I know this,,,but I think now,,,even in a separation and unmasking detecting scenario,,,it is seeing more here on even ferrous,,,and I think this carries over to the nonferrous side as well.

Some folks may have thought Deus version 3.2 was the end all for Xp,,,well I got news for those who thought --Wrong.

I do realize due to weather, some Deus users are grounded so to speak,,,all I can say,,is if you are a Deus runner,,and enjoyed running full tones using 3.2 with zero and even lower disc,,,I highly recommend you opt for disc setting of -2.5,, for your self,,,to at least establish a base line of sorts,,,this I think will help you and speed up your learning curve overall.

In the pic,,ferrous on top,,nonferrous on the bottom.

The 2 nonferrous button and brass thingy,,dug on edge around 5-5.5" deep,,the bigger item towards the right is lead,,,looks a lot like the find I dug earlier here. This particualr find,,,I would almost bet the farm,,if swung over using Deus version 3.2,, user would be thinking iron.

The little musket ball,,a mere 1.5" deep,,,covered with ferrous too,,and the little flat button a mere 3" deep.

The iron finds,,they had quite a bit of signature of being nonferrous,,,I really think Deus with version 3.2 would have be used to study these targets,,,likely would have called them moreso iron. Not as much of a way to base audio on the shape of ferrous.

Seems version 4 has narrowed the gap a bit as far as ferrous and nonferrous,, distinguishing with tone.

I have always said,,and folks I think don't realize this,,,most folks seem to guide their thinking on how well a detector sees nonferrous or alerts on it or recognizes it.

But something equally important is how a detector recognizes iron and nails and the degree to which they do. I mean a detector has to do both well,,to be a very good detecto IMO. I would also bet,, version 4 Deus is better on say half of coins in ground and in nails and iron vs Deus 3.2.

Dragnet is wider using version 4.0....

I am still trying to comprehend a negative disc. Is that the brick, pottery range, and why would I need that?

I havent downloaded V4 yet, I want to run a few more tests in my garden with 3.2, then d/l V4 and run tests again.

Thank you Mr. Sharpshooter, I will begin with -2.5 or below instead of where I ran zero in 3.2. I like to hear the nails and iron and then I can pick the contrast sounds (non ferrous) from them. Any disc makes for a strange sound that seems (to me) more difficult to pick things from. Snows a melting....slowly but I set myself up a nice board with some nails and coins on it. I wanna see what the nails sound like and how it separates out the coins. Ok, really I just need a dose of full tones, it's been days!:lol:

I am still trying to comprehend a negative disc. Is that the brick, pottery range, and why would I need that?

I havent downloaded V4 yet, I want to run a few more tests in my garden with 3.2, then d/l V4 and run tests again.

Reread my post.
You run full tones with a 0 disc setting or even 2 or 2.5 setting,,,I'll bet the farm you will dig more iron and nails.

Lower to -2.5,,,these same good sounding (nails) will have more grunt,and rolly Polly sound them as the coil passes over.

Folks can do what they want,,,just thought I would share.

I much appreciate the advice, in order for me to try -2.5 disc, I must first d/l V4.

Will definitely try it! Thx!

I saw a post this morning by czconnisour and although he had a few nice old coins running in v4 he also had a ton of big iron..That's a lot of falsing

I can use version 4 currently,,,and not dig much iron,,I can also use version 4 and pick out challenged targets,,some of which may be ferrous and may be nonferrous.

You try this site of mine with a lot of other detectors--- good luck,,you'll need it.

Deus 3.2 won't even suffice in it now IMO.

What disc was Cz using,,,I'll bet lower than -2.5??

I just went out and played with v4 a bit and TNSS is right about the negative disc. You have to get below zero for the nails to start sounding like we all know nails to sound (if that makes sense). The trash program I used ran zero disc so I set it up that way and it sounded terrible on nails. The more negative I went the more defined and familiar the sound became. I also played with "hot" a few minutes, I think it may best my old trash program! I'm digging the XY too, can't wait to hit some bare dirt!

I just went out and played with v4 a bit and TNSS is right about the negative disc. You have to get below zero for the nails to start sounding like we all know nails to sound (if that makes sense). The trash program I used ran zero disc so I set it up that way and it sounded terrible on nails. The more negative I went the more defined and familiar the sound became. I also played with "hot" a few minutes, I think it may best my old trash program! I'm digging the XY too, can't wait to hit some bare dirt!

I wouldn't go too negative,,,you can try,,we'll wait for you to tell us what happens.

I just report what I see,,what I hear,,and my opinion,,and yes even recommendations.

Check out the disc he was running.
Disc like he run on 3.2,..tell you anything???
He made my point for me here,,if you read.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=244508

Audio for ferrous has evidently been shifted (depending on disc setting) using V4.
Plain and simple
I can only speak for full tones,,,might apply to othe tones choices as well.

This is not a bad thing,,,as long as a user is aware.

Perhaps someone should point that out to CZ in his thread, he may not know, just as I am learning from tnss's threads.

Im in no position to point that out to him, I havent even downloaded V4 let alone tried it out yet. I speak from no experience on V4 (so far)

Perhaps someone should point that out to CZ in his thread, he may not know, just as I am learning from tnss's threads.

Im in no position to point that out to him, I havent even downloaded V4 let alone tried it out yet. I speak from no experience on V4 (so far)

He will figure out,,remember what I posted yesterday,,I did like him with V4 settings,,,but I went back to same site,,,and was able to figure out.

You see,,going to different sites,,even virgin sites,,,all the eye candy with signals,,doesn't force you to study and experiement.

Why I keep going back to these 2 sites,,they are not big either,,,very old with boat loads of nails,,deeper iron,,,ferrous city.

Check out the disc he was running.
Disc like he run on 3.2,..tell you anything???
He made my point for me here,,if you read.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=244508

Audio for ferrous has evidently been shifted (depending on disc setting) using V4.
Plain and simple
I can only speak for full tones,,,might apply to othe tones choices as well.

This is not a bad thing,,,as long as a user is aware.

I think you made a very good point here in simple words. Seems to me zero disc now lies around -2.5to-3.

I think you made a very good point here in simple words. Seems to me zero disc now lies around -2.5to-3.

Yes!!
There was a thread here I did about 0 disc and full tones vs using say disc 6 using 3.2 version.

I think based on my 8 hours roughly,,,this does play into version 4.0 too,,just different dsicrimination values.

I need to hunt some more.

But make no mistake,,running 2-2.5 disc full tones using 9" coil in hot program will find nonferrous,,,just some nails like to leak through tonally.

Deus using V4,,, is doing a more efficient job of pulling nonferrous out of its detectable range(s).
Depth,,I don't know much about comparing,,,but depth could be increased,,,this could be "apparent" depth since it seems V4 throws a much better tone(signal) on nonferrous targets.
Fewer missed masked targets and fewer missed deeper targets.
And I still think V4 will give some kinds of audio on masked targets vs version 3.2,,,either 3.2 would see, or would struggle on,,,or would not see or report morseso as iron signal.
Just maybe 4.0 would give audio on a target even sitting solo,,3.2 wouldn't at all-more to do with soil minerals driving target to iron range ( depending on disc setup may be indivisible using 3.2 version.
And folks thought it could 't get any better.

You watch,,won't be too long Deus 4.0 user will be showing of their $1 gold coin find,,,,this is how sure I am of the increased performance.
Civil war cuff buttons,,,you'll be hearing about those finds too,,many of them.

Wonder if this is also true when running the 11" coil. One would surmise anyway.

I ran mine (11") briefly today,,,but opted to stay with 9" coil.

Will be running it maybe tomorrow and try to get a handle on it.

Here is a statement,,,a bold statement,,,Deus with V4 with 11" coil might just hold a candle to Deus V3.2 using 9" coil (separation and unmasking).

This is very BOLD!!!

You can go bold, this sounds very promising, after really putting a lot of time in learning 3.2, Im going to have another learning curve...but a good one by the sounds of it.

You can go bold, this sounds very promising, after really putting a lot of time in learning 3.2, Im going to have another learning curve...but a good one by the sounds of it.

I don't think your learning curve will be hard or anything.
Actually what is liables to happen,,,you be seeing so many more targets in older sites,,,and recovering them.

I do need to play with using 3 tone and some disc to see what iron and nails sound like,,,to find the right disc setting.

Full tones and -2.5, disc,you use them,,,you can rock and roll,,,after a full days hunt,,the only way you'll know you had 4.0 loaded is by looking at your finds pouch.
That big ole Xy screen,,them ole caps,,most will go bye bye on digging.
Cap very near coin,,,gotta be thinking about that.

If I handed you a V4 Deus and set it up,,,and not display Xy screen,,and give to you to hunt with,,,you likely would struggle to find a difference in the tones/sounds.

We'll get it, I know I had a serious learning curve from the AT Pro but I have become a pretty good site cleaner with 3.2 and full tones. It took me a few months but I am sure v4 will seem like home sooner than we think.

Back
Top Bottom