My first spin with the nox 800

Noreaster

Interesting machine. I still love the way the Excal sounds but this rig is much easier out of the water. Nearly every find I had here sounded like 2 targets beside each other. That makes sense for many of the finds but I was surprised to hear it like that on the coins.
I never have any luck at this beach, I mostly find crab/lobster trap parts. This silver find was the best I have done there.
The bottle caps were rather easy to call, they sounded like !!!!.

So far the machine is a keeper.

14a1819a4230ff4261e5e60508128351.jpg

109724d2c28490d198993dd505612fc0.jpg

ad26d1e3c842a55dc61a006e9e308213.jpg

I’m convinced this is fake. It feels way to light. Finding gold with a fake name is fine. Finding fake gold is a bummer.

22792f8baa489ff44e16ce183d93abe0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good first time out with the 800. Mine will arrive this coming week! I'm looking forward to a new machine as I've been swinging an AT Pro for a couple of years.

Forgot to add: the $30 soudpeats ear buds were game changing. Loved not having big headphones on my head/ears and no wire from my head to the detector. A pain to pair, but serious the best $30 i have ever spent on metal detecting accessories.

Forgot to add: the $30 soudpeats ear buds were game changing. Loved not having big headphones on my head/ears and no wire from my head to the detector. A pain to pair, but serious the best $30 i have ever spent on metal detecting accessories.
Hey mate, those $30 buds are btooth? If so, any lag? Cheers!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Took me a few outings to get used to the video game sounds of the Nox, but I like it now. Shallow solid targets will usually double hit as you're observing. Raise the coil a few inches to only hear, and pinpoint, the real target. Or, turn down the sensitivity a bit as long as you're getting the depth you want. But, I guess with a scoop you might be close enough either way.

Hey mate, those $30 buds are btooth? If so, any lag? Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KLWS43V

They come up with the bluetooth symbol with the + sign.
There may have been a little bit of latency, but had to swing rather fast to notice it, faster than anyone on here would ever do. I didn't have any issues at all using them.

Getting them to pair was not easy. Factory reset the detector, factory reset the buds turn off bluetooth on cell phone stand on 1 foot and pick your nose then it paired.

Nice score!

I love my NOX, but the headphones squeeze my fat head. I use my soundblaster jam bluetooth headphones that I used when I made my 705 wireless. They have a volume control, and I can also pair with and talk on my cell if I so desire. More importantly I can hear whats going on around me.

Interesting machine. I still love the way the Excal sounds but this rug is much easier out of the water. Nearly every find I had here sounded like 2 targets beside each other. That makes sense for many of the finds but I was surprised to hear it like that on the coins.
I never have any luck at this beach, I mostly find crab/lobster trap parts. This silver find was the best I have done there.
The bottle caps were rather easy to call, they sounded like !!!!.

So far the machine is a keeper.

14a1819a4230ff4261e5e60508128351.jpg

109724d2c28490d198993dd505612fc0.jpg

ad26d1e3c842a55dc61a006e9e308213.jpg

I’m convinced this is fake. It feels way to light. Finding gold with a fake name is fine. Finding fake gold is a bummer.

22792f8baa489ff44e16ce183d93abe0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cartier looks real. They have a copyright mark. The fakes have a registered trademark. I researched after finding a fake love bangle.

heads up on that Cartier love ring. DONT SELL IT FOR MELT.. sell it for the name. I got 900 bucks for the one I found. Melt would of gotten me about 100.

There may have been a little bit of latency, but had to swing rather fast to notice it, faster than anyone on here would ever do. I didn't have any issues at all using them.

Getting them to pair was not easy. Factory reset the detector, factory reset the buds turn off bluetooth on cell phone stand on 1 foot and pick your nose then it paired.
Lol, thnx for that!

My 705 also does that double hit sound but only on a shallow quarter or larger. I love it because for some reason it only does the double sound on shallow coins. You know that little jolt of anticipation you get smack in the gut! I don't care if it's just 25¢, I get that tickle of joy!!!
Hey don't we call that
" Being hit with the bug" .

The Cartier tested as a specific gravity of 6.9, not even close to 10k, never mind 18k. junk....
I have a similar "Cartier" that I found a few years ago. At 1st I thought it was real then after doing the specific gravity test thought it was fake. Well last year I went on Ebay and saw supposed "real" Cartiers selling with similar weights. Maybe the ring has some hollowness to it which would throw off the density test? (Maybe they're selling fakes on Ebay but that would not go over well with a buyer I think?) In any case, one of these days I'll take it to a Cartier retailer down here and let them make the call.

Last edited:

Does it have to be your OWN nose, or can it be someone else's?

Back
Top Bottom