First spin out with the Nox 800

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
As usual I started out blind with a new detector. I have a habit of not reading the manual until after I go out the first time. After fitting the buttons like a prize fighter in the 9th round I finally started my 5 hour hunt. Not a sound for the longest of times. then I notice some faint whispers that turned out to be very small pieces of foil. I then located a few pieces of clad and after a couple the Nox and the Tony Eisenhower headphones started to click. I found a silver Crucifix, a silver ring, and a surprise in the seaweed under the pier. I couldn't read the stamp until I got the loupe out at home. It said Monet. I looked it up and it was triple plated made between 1967 and the early 1990's. Not gold but it sure got me excited and that's hard to do as long as the skunk has been on my back. Anyway thanks for looking and good hunting.

Attachments

• 20181008_171859 copy.jpg
    20181008_171859 copy.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 284
  • 20181008_145654 copy.jpg
    20181008_145654 copy.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 20181008_172027 copy.jpg
    20181008_172027 copy.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20181008_172133 copy.jpg
    20181008_172133 copy.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Got to weed through the junk to good target ratio. Looks like you are well on the way to scoring some gold soon Dirty. Unless your junk to good target is hitting like mine.

Monet is known to make some of the nicer fashion jewelry. Still a nice find!

That thing is nice! Darn the fake gold stuff though! I'm still praying that gold comes your way my friend! Nice to see you getting out and posting too!
Pretty silver ring too.

hell of a 1st hunt with the Nox wtg bud !

Thanks romy. I wish I had hit the gold but the finds were ok to me. Just being there is the best part.

A good start with the new machine.:yes:

I would have had more time to hunt had I read the manual first. But at lest now I know what don't work.:lol:

Got to weed through the junk to good target ratio. Looks like you are well on the way to scoring some gold soon Dirty. Unless your junk to good target is hitting like mine.

Thanks Larry the biggest part of it is just being there. The Junk ratio is high here. It seems like you find more costume jewelry than silver or gold. I usually don't post the junk most of the time. But new machine and I haven't been out for some time. So even junk was good. Thanks Buddy.

Monet is known to make some of the nicer fashion jewelry. Still a nice find!

I was reading the history of Monet Felix. Some of the older pieces from the 20's through the early 50's are collector pieces are valued.

Great work there Dirty! Chains of any sort are good indicators you are on the right rig!...nice silver crucifix there!

Thanks Mud. I think I'm going to like the machine. It sure is easier on the shoulder than the CTX.

That thing is nice! Darn the fake gold stuff though! I'm still praying that gold comes your way my friend! Nice to see you getting out and posting too!
Pretty silver ring too.

Thanks Kap. I tried to post more photos of the ring and the chain but I came up with a error. It's nice to post again and Larry is free from being Mr. Slumpy. I'm wearing the Slumpy crown for now.:(:lol:

Back
Top Bottom