what do you hate more?

juit

Elite Member
stupid PULLTAB
7e8dc7747b5892b88626308cce520600.jpg

or pesky beer twist caps with fun high tone sounds :)

pp-caps-250x250.jpg

I hate copper pipes (even though it's good scrap) and also those gold-colored pull tabs. They get me every time! :mad:

Last edited:
My problem is I don't have an in situation gold ring tone. The pull tabs triple beep for me and I know what it is but I still dig them because I don't know what a gold ring sounds like

They all sound so good but the pull tabs masquerade as silver and gold rings in the dirt as I uncover them sometimes :laughing:

Seriously - has anyone actually dug a gold ring when they thought it was a pull tab??? Were there other factors that led the person to dig???

On the beach (CZ-21) I dig everything........ parks (F75) not so much......

although aggravating, I get hopeful of finding older coins when I find some beavertails. Finding the zinc & white glass fruit jar lids increases the hope of finding even older coins and the dream of finding one attached to a cache

The relic pulls big 14k rings 5+gram at 60, thats a high tone and very old style pull tabs range BUT rings at 4-5 inches give a clear constant vdi and older pulltabs dance a lot because of corrosion

Seriously - has anyone actually dug a gold ring when they thought it was a pull tab??? Were there other factors that led the person to dig???

On the beach (CZ-21) I dig everything........ parks (F75) not so much......

i have! i was pounding a beach one morning, had well over 2 dozen tabs dug (wet and dry sand) and got yet another tab signal in the wet sand. i was getting kind of tired by then and decided that i had enough of the tabs for one day and i actually took a couple of steps past this one. that little voice told me to turn around and dig it up anyway. low and behold, 8 inches down was a 14K wedding band!! and that thing did indeed sound identical to the pulltabs, same tone, same VDI..... but a totally different "reaction" when i saw what my target was, hehe. :jawdrop: :extrahappy: :giggle:

Yep, that's why we dig pulltabs and hate them so much. If nobody ever pulled gold while thinking it was another pulltab, then why would we even dig them let alone hate them? :?:

Other factors: solid hit and steady VDI.

Pull tab can lids

I actually run into more of more of the pull tab can lids than I do pulltabs. Not the whole can itself but the lid :no: They always give me a solid hit on my ATP. I'm not sure where the other part of the can is either

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom