• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Skynyrd fans

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Cool! Skynyrd, I remember the plane crash, heard it on the radio coming home from Grandma’s, I was 15. Love their stuff. Except for “Freebird”. LIke nails on a chalkboard now, after all these years...similar to Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven”.

cool! Skynyrd, i remember the plane crash, heard it on the radio coming home from grandma’s, i was 15. Love their stuff. Except for “freebird”. Like nails on a chalkboard now, after all these years...similar to zeppelin’s “stairway to heaven”.

blasphemy!

I danced with my mother at my wedding to simple man, love skynyrd, and just about all music from that time period. Thanks for letting us know! I'm driving down to Florida in October, might have to swing by and check it out.

Cool! Skynyrd, I remember the plane crash, heard it on the radio coming home from Grandma’s, I was 15. Love their stuff. Except for “Freebird”. LIke nails on a chalkboard now, after all these years...similar to Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven”.
You sure got that right!! Both great bands but the radio stations playing both song every 15 minutes ( for years!) can work a guys last nerve!

I haven't heard "Free Bird" often enough to get sick of it, nor "Stairway To Heaven". Pink Floyd's "Money" is another story entirely. I really hated "My Sharona", but luckily, it doesn't seem to have stood the test of time and I am not afflicted with it very often anymore.

-- Tom

I haven't heard "Free Bird" often enough to get sick of it, nor "Stairway To Heaven". Pink Floyd's "Money" is another story entirely. I really hated "My Sharona", but luckily, it doesn't seem to have stood the test of time and I am not afflicted with it very often anymore.

-- Tom
i was 17 in 1980, we were all stoked for the Zeppelin tour. Then Bonham died, tour cancelled. The radio stations really played ‘Stairway’ to death that year.

Back
Top Bottom