Recommend Cheap Detector to Find Property Pins?

The pin pointer won't be easy to find them with. My buddy borrowed my nephew's cheap-o Amazon kids detector and found his pins. You could probably tell people where you are and seek a members help in finding them. Maybe pay for lunch or beer šŸ˜

The pin pointer won't be easy to find them with. My buddy borrowed my nephew's cheap-o Amazon kids detector and found his pins. You could probably tell people where you are and seek a members help in finding them. Maybe pay for lunch or beer [emoji16]
Yep much better than buying those junkie pin pointer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I see its your first post here. Where do you live? We have owners that are members here that probably be honored to assist you if they live close. Welcome aboard and if by chance you get a detector you may very well get hooked on the hobby and become a very busy partner here on this forum.

I see its your first post here. Where do you live? We have owners that are members here that probably be honored to assist you if they live close. Welcome aboard and if by chance you get a detector you may very well get hooked on the hobby and become a very busy partner here on this forum.

Thanks. I live in Lake Worth Florida. If anyone see's this & they are in my area please give me a PM. Otherwise I'll probably buy the detector MuddyMo recommended. I can then let my friends kid have fun with it (or maybe myself lol).

https://www.amazon.com/Bounty-Hunter.../dp/B0007VBRUE

I am often asked to find property markers and I explain that I may find a wrong marker or what isnā€™t a marker at all. If you use that as a reference and build a fence or house on somebody elseā€™s property you can be responsible for hefty legal fees, fines and have to tear down and rebuild.

Hire a surveyor. Be safe.

I am often asked to find property markers and I explain that I may find a wrong marker or what isnā€™t a marker at all. If you use that as a reference and build a fence or house on somebody elseā€™s property you can be responsible for hefty legal fees, fines and have to tear down and rebuild.

This. And you don't have to pay for a full survey, either. Confirming what your property lines are will be far cheaper than a full survey.

I heard this same advice a long time ago. I'd only use the finding of a marker using a personal detector as a reference. I've found a few though. Surveyors sorta have a lock, legally.

If you want to shop locally these might work:

I loaned a cheapie Harbor Freight "9 Function metal Detector" to a friend who had no problem finding his property markers. I think it was $40 w 20%off coupon. Sorta flimsy but functional. Early on I found .177 cal airgun pellets in my yard with it, so no lack of sensitivity on small stuff.

I'd also consider the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV at Michaels or Hobby Lobby with 40%off coupon should get it down to $50ish. Had I known about this deal I would have bought it instead of the Harbor Freight, given it's a solid brand name.

edit -- hobby lobby doesn't allow the coupon on this item. Maybe that's why I bought the harbor freight after all.

Good legal advice!

Back
Top Bottom