What are you hoping for Christmas?

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Of course I'd love to see the Minelab Equinox make it out by then, but I'm not holding my breath. I wouldn't mind trying out one of those Fisher F75 SE DST's. I like the idea of a stable F75 SE. My Impact reminds me so much of the old F75. Snap, Crackle Pop.

That and I'm on the lookout for a 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT. Found a couple I just might have to invest in. I believe these will be the next future collector ponies.

As nice as it might be to get an AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot, those are out of our gift budget range for now. (I'm not complaining though, I've learned to be happy and content with what I can get :D)

But I am hoping to get something I want to help keep me in shape with low-impact exercise that won't mess up my knee like I did earlier this year with speed walking, and that something is a bicycle, and I prefer a basic bike over the ones with 10 speeds, something like in the pic below which can be bought for under $100. (of course I would see about making a detector holder for it :lol:)

bicycle26.jpg

bike

As nice as it might be to get an AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot, those are out of our gift budget range for now. (I'm not complaining though, I've learned to be happy and content with what I can get :D)

But I am hoping to get something I want to help keep me in shape with low-impact exercise that won't mess up my knee like I did earlier this year with speed walking, and that something is a bicycle, and I prefer a basic bike over the ones with 10 speeds, something like in the pic below which can be bought for under $100. (of course I would see about making a detector holder for it :lol:)

View attachment 400684

May be get one of thos little carts i see people ataching to the back of their bikes for small kids. Or make one your self to attach to the back just big enough for your detector and gear.

May be get one of thos little carts i see people ataching to the back of their bikes for small kids. Or make one your self to attach to the back just big enough for your detector and gear.

Thanks, neat idea, but I was thinking more of somehow attaching the detector on the back or across the handle bars :hmmm:

bike/ with detector

Thanks, neat idea, but I was thinking more of somehow attaching the detector on the back or across the handle bars :hmmm:

I would think hooking it to the handle bars would be awkward and wide , but you might consider some type of back pack that you could ride with. carry your detector ,diging tools , water ,and any thing else you need. You might be able to find one of those carts to pull behind you used for cheep at a thrift shop ,or Goodwill store.

I would think hooking it to the handle bars would be awkward and wide , but you might consider some type of back pack that you could ride with. carry your detector ,diging tools , water ,and any thing else you need. You might be able to find one of those carts to pull behind you used for cheep at a thrift shop ,or Goodwill store.

Good idea, but I really prefer to not pull something behind the bicycle, buy maybe something like the pic below but it would need to be open, perhaps I could make something with PVC and use bungee cords to hold it tight.

bikestuff.jpg

Probably a new car/van but the more I see the less I know. Plus they all seem to be
hatched by the same mother. Ok maybe just me but new cars are butt ugly...may as well call them Maytags or Kelvinator.

I would not mind an electric bike our city is hilly next to the mountains.
I agree Christmas is best when it's over.

3 wheel bike

I see a guy riding a bike around town with 3 wheels and a place for cargo in the back, even has a flag mounted on it. Not sure if he bult it himself or bought it. If you or some one you know is good at welding you could make a small side car like motorcycles have.

Those new Electric bikes are something a person could evaluate as a viable form of detecting vehicle...

Theres a guy around here who has one with big fat tires, and he rides the West Mich coastline with a Excal and a scoop cruising along looking for a cut...Its a very efficient way to hunt this place..you have to cover a lot of miles to find the paydirt sometimes...walking is a slow and strenuous mode of travel, and the conditions change so rapidly, you have to find those places fast.....

Those new Electric bikes are something a person could evaluate as a viable form of detecting vehicle...

Theres a guy around here who has one with big fat tires, and he rides the West Mich coastline with a Excal and a scoop cruising along looking for a cut...Its a very efficient way to hunt this place..you have to cover a lot of miles to find the paydirt sometimes...walking is a slow and strenuous mode of travel, and the conditions change so rapidly, you have to find those places fast.....

Hey Mud, how about something like this ? :shock: :lol:

beachbike2.jpg mdbike2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom