• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Do you scuba guys ever use an underwater Scooter?

SoOregonMd

Elite Member

Attachments

• Scooter.jpg
    Scooter.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 248
Its just extra weight and gear you dont need to detect that specialplace unser the surf. I try to take only th eminimum weight when doing detecting and scuba

I bought one for one reason and that is to use backwards to blow away silt. I haven't used it yet but that is the only reason I have it

This is what gets you to dive spots:

Last edited:
I was going to get my specialty, as well as Instructor Specialty on it last year, however, the instructor's crapped out before we could even start!

I bought one for one reason and that is to use backwards to blow away silt. I haven't used it yet but that is the only reason I have it

This is what gets you to dive spots:

Ah, when I lived in the SF Bay area I had a 22ft cuddy cabin with twin 125 Hp outboards and a 144 gallon tank under the deck to keep the outboards fed. It truly was "a hole in the ocean into which I poured money". :laughing:

Just wondering.. I can see it would be extra weight to lug to the beach or lake but think it would be a good way to get to locations quicker.. Inquiring mind wants to know.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004004TR...t=&hvlocphy=9033107&hvtargid=pla-383265558919

I have one, a little different than the Amazon one for cave diving and CANNOT fail...It is not as simple to operate as one might think...I do decompression diving, and a scooter can get you deep or shallow too fast...Im also a dive instructor and will not teach newer students to use one..You will need to strap your MD gear to yourself as you NEED both hands to operate the scooter and the scooter is umbilicaled to you as well....Good luck !!!

I had a gas hookah Too noisy. I enjoy my boat I go over 6 miles out in one lake alone about 14 miles in another one. As long as wemare finding treasure, we use what we have to

Back
Top Bottom