I Stepped In It Big Time Today

beephead

Elite Member
Early this morning I hunted 2 different sites. One was almost devoid of any targets and the other one was loaded up with a ton of trash. I kept working at it and thinking any minute I'd pop a silver coin. I figured the site would be prime for silver coins since I found around 10 or so wheat pennies at that site.

Anyway I was about to leave because I kept seeing the same car drive by several times that had darken windows and boom music turned way up. I wasn't in a really good part of town so I kept my eyes peeled. I was having trouble concentrating on detecting.

My cell rang and it about scare me to death. I finally got it out of my pocket and answered it. A guy on the phone wanted to know if I called. I said I don't who are you. After a little going back forth, we figured out that I called him a few days ago after I got his number from his painter.

I wanted to get permission to detect one of his houses. He was hesitate and was trying to come up with an excuse to not let me, but I talked him out of his weak excuse. He was trying hang his hat on that he had it rented and the tenants were going to be moving in a couple of days and they may not appreciate me detecting the yard. I shot that one down fast.

Anyhow, I jumped in my SUV and headed to the site. All of a sudden I smelled something that smelled to high heaven. I figured that I had stepped in some dog !!!!, so I pulled over and got out to check. Yep, it was dog !!!! alright and I preceded drag my shoe in the grass to remove it.

I finally got it all cleaned off and was able to get to the new site to do some swinging. I ended up finding a total of 14 wheat pennies, a bunch of clad coins and a sterling silver WW2 air force pilot's wings. I love finding those!

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 1,020
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,007
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,021
Nice hunt! Those wings are in amazing shape! Congrats. Post those wings up at KScoyote's Military Wings thread.

Great story, and I love the wings. back about 1960 my mother let me play with my uncles WWII wings and I lost one in a sand box...I still remember it. .I might have to go back there and see if i can find it now. thank for the head jog.

Nice hunt! Those wings are in amazing shape! Congrats. Post those wings up at KScoyote's Military Wings thread.
Thanks! I found the same exact wings earlier this year.

Nice.......:yes: (Thanks for not posting a pic of what was on the bottom of your shoe.....:D)
Thanks! I was too busy trying to get away from it to take a picture.

I’d step in it on purpose for those wings! Barefoot even! Congrats man, those are beautiful!
Thanks! That's some stinky stuff.

Great story, and I love the wings. back about 1960 my mother let me play with my uncles WWII wings and I lost one in a sand box...I still remember it. .I might have to go back there and see if i can find it now. thank for the head jog.
Thanks! It makes you wonder how they got lost.

No pic of the dog poo? Then it didn't happen. You know the rule. :lol:
It was too stinky to take a picture of. I won't count the dog poo in my final silver count.

beephead

Beautiful set of Wings there Beep! Consider 'stepping in it' as a form of salute....I mean hey, you gotta be outside and upright and mobile to step in it...Good on ya!

Fantastic! Congrats! How about a picture of the manufacturer's mark on the back?
Thanks! It doesn't have one that I can tell. The other one that I found has the pin still attached and working.

Beautiful set of Wings there Beep! Consider 'stepping in it' as a form of salute....I mean hey, you gotta be outside and upright and mobile to step in it...Good on ya!
Thanks! That's one way to look at it. It was a gorgeous a day.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 677
Hay Beep,
Nice find. I have never found the real wings. Only them junk ones kids get at the 5 & dime store.
You can tell they been in the ground a while. The pins on the back are going.

I have found that P-O-P, ( pile of poop ) Before. I try to stay out of it. :laughing:

Have fun.. KEN :D

I hate that dog stuff smell! When we livid in our apartment, our neighbor had signs of dogs "doing their business" with large letters that said "no dog poo poo!"

Glad you were able to make good on the hunt despite the unfortunate step.

Awesome sterling wings!
Thanks!
Hay Beep,
Nice find. I have never found the real wings. Only them junk ones kids get at the 5 & dime store.
You can tell they been in the ground a while. The pins on the back are going.

I have found that P-O-P, ( pile of poop ) Before. I try to stay out of it. :laughing:

Have fun.. KEN :D
Thanks! That poop sure had me dragging my shoe in the grass. I bet people who were watching were getting a big laugh.

I hate that dog stuff smell! When we livid in our apartment, our neighbor had signs of dogs "doing their business" with large letters that said "no dog poo poo!"

Glad you were able to make good on the hunt despite the unfortunate step.
Thanks! Dog poop is bad but cat poop is worse, that's the reason cat's bury it. LOL

Well least you got some nice wings out of the day!

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=251891

:lol:
Thanks! Your picture speaks volumes.

The pilot's wings look fantastic! A great keepsake.
Thanks! It make you wonder who wore them, how they lost them and when.

beephead

Dog Poop

Yep, I've done that a few times. Yesterday, I was hunting in a place where the was dog poop everywhere. Some neighborhoods they don't clean up after their dogs. Sometimes I scrape the poop into the hole I just pulled the coin out of and cover it up.
HH everyone

Yep, I've done that a few times. Yesterday, I was hunting in a place where the was dog poop everywhere. Some neighborhoods they don't clean up after their dogs. Sometimes I scrape the poop into the hole I just pulled the coin out of and cover it up.
HH everyone
If they could figure out how to make a poop slinger the police would have a great affordable riot control devise.

Still looking for Pilots wings. Congrats .
Thanks! Considering how few of them were made and that they had to be lost, it amazes me that I've found two of them in the last 6 months. I wonder what the odds are? Is it higher than finding a Morgan dollar, a standing liberty, a reale, a gold coin etc.? :?:

beephead

Back
Top Bottom