Wartime Nickel Drought Is Over

diggin4clad

Elite Member
On Sunday Sue and I spent two hours hunting a site where Sue dug an 1854-O seated half dollar last November. We dug 34 clad coins worth $4.56 and I dug a 1945-P Wartime nickel that's in rough shape. It's my first one in quite awhile so I'm not complaining.:excited:

Attachments

• IMG_0359.JPG
    IMG_0359.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 389
Those war nickels alway look rough coming out of the ground. A little soak in lemon juice and then clean up with baking soda should make it look better. Congrats.

Nice war nickel congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks......

Those war nickels alway look rough coming out of the ground. A little soak in lemon juice and then clean up with baking soda should make it look better. Congrats.
Thanks....the bad news is that the photo was taken AFTER I cleaned it up. It was a lot worse when I dug it.:lol:

Congrats on the wartime...they are always a special treat to find!
Thanks JAK...…..

Congrats on the War Nickel and a great partner hunt. Trapper
Thanks Trapper...….

Great job on the war nickel! That's a nice first of the year silver coin... congrats! :clapping:

Congrats on the war nickel! I've only dug two. First one beat to heck and covered in black goo. Second one, just beautiful, clean and in great shape... that was a pleasant surprise :)

Congrats on the great hunt, and the War Nickel D4C!!!!
Thanks Worm......

Congrats on the war nickel! I've only dug two. First one beat to heck and covered in black goo. Second one, just beautiful, clean and in great shape... that was a pleasant surprise :)
Thank You...….This one had some black stuff on it but I managed to get it off....didn't help much, it's still ugly. I've dug quite a few Wartime nickels and all the others came out of the ground in nice condition.

Good for you! I guess I'm jaded about them ..we find em all the time. Dont know why so many are here. There was a lot of WW2 military guys around here.

Good for you! I guess I'm jaded about them ..we find em all the time. Dont know why so many are here. There was a lot of WW2 military guys around here.
Thank you......The reason you find a lot of the Wartime nickels most likely had nothing to do with the military guys being around but rather, the fact that Wartime Nickels were minted in large numbers and circulated until the price of silver went high starting in the mid 1960's. I used to hunt coin rolls back then and virtually every roll of nickels had 4 or 5 Wartime nickels in it.

Back
Top Bottom