I want one of these, even if I have to sell all my gold & silver

Rudy

Admin
What is it?
The 2011 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport is only the world's fastest production car, as certified by Guinness World Records. Though it uses the same 8.0-liter W16 engine as the original Veyron 16.4, which debuted in 2005, it now turns out an unbelievable 1,200 hp and 1,106 lb-ft of torque. :shock:

It features four larger turbochargers than the regular Veyron, with bigger water-to-air intercoolers. Four large fuel pumps keep the gasoline flowing. Conventional air intakes give way to roof-mounted NACA ducts. The suspension also was highly revised and the bodywork is modified for more aerodynamic efficiency.

2011-Bugatti-Veyron-SuperSport1.jpg

How's it drive?
The larger turbos take longer to spool up, so the Super Sport doesn't launch off the line any more quickly than the regular Veyron. Of course, when you're dealing with anything more than 1,000 hp, quick, quicker and quickest are relative terms. :roll:

Where the Veyron sees its peak torque remain flat between roughly 2,000 rpm and 5,000 rpm, the Super Sport doesn't reach maximum until 3,000 rpm. Even so, we're still talking 0 to 62 mph in 2.5 seconds. In fact, the Super Sport pulls 1.2 g off the line. If that sounds amazing, check this: The Super Sport stops even quicker, exceeding 2.0 g in deceleration. The Bugatti folks joke that it's the only car in which you'll find bugs splattered on the back.

But for all its monster power, the Super Sport isn't just a straight-line car. It handles nearly as well as it goes forward, it's custom 14.4-inch rear tires, stiffer springs and antiroll bars and retuned dampers all mounted to an ultrastiff carbon-fiber and aluminum honeycomb monocoque, giving the car a superbly lively feel of the road and 1.4 g of lateral grip. And did we mention that it's fast? :yes:

Do I want it?
Only 40 or so will be made, and the first 22 units--including the five special-edition cars modeled after the world-record Super Sport--have been spoken for, so the question is fairly moot. Then there's the matter of its price. At $2.3 million, the Super Sport is about as expensive a car as you'll find rolling out of any factory today. But considering no other production car can achieve the Super Sport's 258-mph top speed (electronically limited for the tires; for the world record, it hit 268 mph), if bragging rights are what's ultimately important, there's no other car worth considering.

2011 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport
On Sale: Now
Base Price: $2.3 million (est)

Drivetrain: 8.0-liter, 1,200-hp, quad-turbocharged W16; AWD, seven-speed DSG
Curb Weight: 4,052 lb
0-62 MPH: 2.5 sec :shock:

Oh yeah, I wanna get me one. :yes:

...but how deep can it detect and is it waterproof?

Rudy, thanks for posting that, WOW that is beautiful! I went to Las Vegas about 10 days ago, and went to the Ferrari store at the Wynn, and checked out some beautiful Maseratis, Ferraris, and some other unique cars, boy were they beautiful, the Bugatti, is another story, that thing is insane!

Where would you drive that thing? That's why I pretty much gave up street bikes for dirt bikes. If you ride it how it's intended to be ridden, you are breaking the law. But that thing just might outrun a helicopter!

Rudy, thanks for posting that, WOW that is beautiful! I went to Las Vegas about 10 days ago, and went to the Ferrari store at the Wynn, and checked out some beautiful Maseratis, Ferraris, and some other unique cars, boy were they beautiful, the Bugatti, is another story, that thing is insane!

You are welcome. ;) Yes, the Bugatti is .... incredible.

Rudy... I think you will have to part with your clad as well :D

I think you are right Craig. All the clad will have to go into the pot. :no:

Back
Top Bottom