• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Kind of a rare find these days

I got a wheat back in change from the local grocery store a couple of weeks ago. Pretty rare to get one.

Love it!

I just got a nice ‘35 in change, that’s why I like to pay cash for daily purchases. At least a half dozen each year. Couple silvers too.

Last year my son found about 20 in 10 months working the till at Taco Bell. And a half dozen silvers and couple buffalos.

That is a rare find these days. I recall about three wheat pennies in my change in the last couple years. Silver? Forget about it. Decades ago. I keep checking though!

That is a rare find these days. I recall about three wheat pennies in my change in the last couple years. Silver? Forget about it. Decades ago. I keep checking though!
1,000+ silvers for me in the last decade, from rolls. 12+ wheats per $25 average. They are out there!

Son worked the till at a Mobil for awhile and brought me some good coins. People pay with whatever they have sometimes..

I check my change all the time. I just cashed out my loose change and it came to $360, makes me nervous, I always feel like I missed a worth while keeper. 8^)

It doesn’t hurt to check the “old finds” jar. I was going through some dark beach clad and found a 1964 Rosie that I thought was clad when I found it.

As I was walking up to the front door of the Family Dollar Store this past Saturday, I saw a penny next to the curb. When I picked it up, I saw that it was a 1944 Wheat penny. Looked it over very good to see if it was part of the World Coin Hunt seeds. But no sticker or markings. Just a cool penny.

Cool find! :clapping: Since I started metal detecting, I've been especially careful in checking my change... so far, no wheat cents or silver for me yet, but maybe one of these days it will happen. Keep it up!

I got a 1936 wheat in my change at a Starbucks in Alabama last week. The cashier spotted it but gave it to me anyway. First wheat in my change that I can remember.

Pennies are the "Rodney Dangerfield" of our currency, they get no respect. Most people totally overlook pennies or just find them useless.

When I was in Jr high school, after gym, everyone was throwing loose change around the locker room, I saw a penny roll by and don't know why, but I picked it up. It turned out to be a 1955 double die, sold it for $80 the next day, of course that was back in the late 60's.

Back
Top Bottom