help me choose a detector!

A

Anonymous

hi i am looking to purchase a used detector. i want to be able to use it on dry sand and saltwater wet sand, and in super shallow water...i just moved out to california and want to take advantage of the beaches! right now my price range is about 300 since i am new to the hobby.

any suggestions on which detector to get, or on any dealers that may be able to sell me one?

Your going to be hard pressed to find a detector for $300 that will tolerate wet sand and the minerals in it... Save up your money and get a good detector :)

I wonder if the Fisher 1280 aquanaut might be the closest to meeting his criteria. Anyone familiar with this machine on saltwater beaches? I understood it was pretty good, and I see a few on Ebay...

Sell your TV and buy a Minelab Excalibur which is great in salt/fresh water, on the wet & dry sand, find some Gold rings on the beach! Then you can sell the Gold and buy a new TV. LOL H.H.:-)

Ahhhh wet salt sand. THE ENEMY !!!!! 300 bucks unless used is not going to get you what you really need to hunt successfully with. The 1280X is a good water/beach detector and can do the job for you. However , the Surf PI is better for wet salt sand and costs less. Let me know if you need anymore help.

do you have any used ones available?

TonyinCT said:
Ahhhh wet salt sand. THE ENEMY !!!!! 300 bucks unless used is not going to get you what you really need to hunt successfully with. The 1280X is a good water/beach detector and can do the job for you. However , the Surf PI is better for wet salt sand and costs less. Let me know if you need anymore help.

TonyinCT said:
Ahhhh wet salt sand. THE ENEMY !!!!! the Surf PI is better for wet salt sand .

This person/guest is looking for one to do dry sand and surf, will the PI be good on DRY also?

Pa

He can use a PI on dry sand but I wouldn't... I don't even like using it in wet sand and I use it mainly in the water where there is less junk...

If I was him I would look at a Beach Hunter from Whites..

I have hunted wet sand but the ratio of finding pulltabs to rings is like a 100 to 1 and thats a lot of digging...

I will stick to the water and concede the rest of the beach ;)

I agree, 1280x is probably best if you want to detect dry sand as well. PI really sucks on dry sand but best in the water (for me anyway)

PaDigger....The Guest said dry sand and saltwater wet sand. The PI can be used all over the salt water beaches with the same results in most cases. The dry sand holds more junk and the water holds more goodies. Take it form there.

first off im a she lol

ok so i get i am looking for a PI machine. what about a whites IDX pro, or a fisher cz5. like i stated, looking for a used machine in the 300 range!

Neither are PI's . The CZ% is an excellent detector and will work on all beaches to varying degrees. The IDX Pro will also.

Re: first off im a she lol

CHERFAYE said:
ok so i get i am looking for a PI machine. what about a whites IDX pro, or a fisher cz5. like i stated, looking for a used machine in the 300 range!

Cher,

IDX PRO is a great detector for the dry sand but it can become unstable in the wet sand... I know nothing about the Fishers sorry. If you want to detect in the water a PI would be a good choice because of the salt... DFX although lots more money does well in the wet sand... I own 2 detectors and would want to use two detectors for the beach.. I would never want to use a PI on the dry sand because 9 times out of 10 you will find junk...

Back
Top Bottom