Help ID a Roman or greek coin i found in Egypt

Adam24

hello everyone,
i need some help identifying this nice coin i found in Egypt lately.

i will truly appreciate all ur help.

Attachments

• IMG-20170809-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20170809-WA0000.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG-20170809-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170809-WA0001.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 258
Can't help with an ID but if you found it in that condition it is probably a copy - in my uneducated opinion. If it has been cleaned..... :(

Definitely a cleaned Roman era coin. Too bad they are not worth much. Funny how a US coin from the 20's has potential to be worth $100. But roman maybe worth a $1. Millions of them have been sold to tourists all over the world. Looks legit. Just odd to have it cleaned and polished. But some of them are in such terrible shape only way to see anything is to clean them. A couple I found are in terrible shape. Not worth anything so didn't hurt to clean them to see any of the relief to help ID. A fun coin you have there.

As posted above, good chance Roman era just another area (possibly not direct Roman coinage). If you find the right collector you maybe could get a few $$. Condition of yours pretty poor too. But generally any coin I pull in Europe (roman etc) is never worth the estimates. I don't sell them anyways.

Definitely a cleaned Roman era coin. Too bad they are not worth much. Funny how a US coin from the 20's has potential to be worth $100. But roman maybe worth a $1. Millions of them have been sold to tourists all over the world. Looks legit. Just odd to have it cleaned and polished. But some of them are in such terrible shape only way to see anything is to clean them. A couple I found are in terrible shape. Not worth anything so didn't hurt to clean them to see any of the relief to help ID. A fun coin you have there.

As posted above, good chance Roman era just another area (possibly not direct Roman coinage). If you find the right collector you maybe could get a few $$. Condition of yours pretty poor too. But generally any coin I pull in Europe (roman etc) is never worth the estimates. I don't sell them anyways.

i know, i found it in the sand in uper egypt, u may expect me find more, i will keep everyone updated, its Justinian I, COIN, the best answer,

Back
Top Bottom