Minelab TC3X

Be better to buy an ATpro and some rattle can camo paint. Then find enough clad to buy a camo shotgun at wallyworld. You'd probably get shot out here while you were trying to thread the coil wire in that thing in a park. pretty soon they'll have Duck Dynasty hemmoroid cream to go with the bandaids they already sell. "Wallet commander".:laughing:

Forgot to mention. Minelab already uses the name commander:laughing:

Attachments

• 8roundmonocommander.gif
    8roundmonocommander.gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 717
I saw it advertised as a minelab somewhere but if it's not then oh well I'll just stick with my whites for now and pick up something better this winter my coinmaster pro hasn't let me down yet thanks for the input and link to the review it has some interesting features I do like the touchscreen idea but I'm really just ready for something with a vdi after 2 yrs I'm tired of watching arrows

I personally don't see where the complaints start with this detector. No it isn't an AT Pro as far as detection quality by any means, it does fall under it. However, the detector does have great features to help newer detectorists that they will find handy. The big screen is great and easy to read, the backlit screen is bright and preppy, the tones sing a song with the amount of tones it has (I found a lot of detectors to be rather annoying at times), it has the touch screen which is pretty revolutionary to MD's, especially for that price range. The ability to tilt the display to get rid of glare is not found on any other detector. The handle is shaped like a gun with a trigger pinpointer, which for me...I love that, feels real good. A little LED on the back of the display to help see where you are going in darker areas/dusk/night time is brilliant. It is well balanced for the big display on it. Has a good number of discrimination The downsides, can't change out the coil. Only thing I see wrong with it. and right now on Kellyco, $449 price tag, it is cheap for these new features a lot of detectors do not have. and in the mid 400~ price range, I think it is one of the best out there.....for the price. That is just how I see it being around these machines everyday.

I wouldn't look at this machine as a knockoff brand just because it has DuckDynasty plastered on it. The machine does offer a lot in my opinion for what it is and the price that's offered. I think this machine will really help get a younger audience in the hobby and keep them interested. Who can dis a machine that can do this?

LOL

You sound like a rep for the company. :laughing:

Touchscreen + dirty fingers = ruined digitizer in short order.

If you want to hunt in low light you're going to want a head light from a company like Petzl, not something on the detector.

Unless and until there are many positive peer reviews on a unit like this I'd stay far, far away from it. YMMV

I personally don't see where the complaints start with this detector. No it isn't an AT Pro as far as detection quality by any means, it does fall under it. However, the detector does have great features to help newer detectorists that they will find handy. The big screen is great and easy to read, the backlit screen is bright and preppy, the tones sing a song with the amount of tones it has (I found a lot of detectors to be rather annoying at times), it has the touch screen which is pretty revolutionary to MD's, especially for that price range. The ability to tilt the display to get rid of glare is not found on any other detector. The handle is shaped like a gun with a trigger pinpointer, which for me...I love that, feels real good. A little LED on the back of the display to help see where you are going in darker areas/dusk/night time is brilliant. It is well balanced for the big display on it. Has a good number of discrimination The downsides, can't change out the coil. Only thing I see wrong with it. and right now on Kellyco, $449 price tag, it is cheap for these new features a lot of detectors do not have. and in the mid 400~ price range, I think it is one of the best out there.....for the price. That is just how I see it being around these machines everyday.

I wouldn't look at this machine as a knockoff brand just because it has DuckDynasty plastered on it. The machine does offer a lot in my opinion for what it is and the price that's offered. I think this machine will really help get a younger audience in the hobby and keep them interested. Who can dis a machine that can do this?

LOL

You sound like a rep for the company. :laughing:

Touchscreen + dirty fingers = ruined digitizer in short order.

If you want to hunt in low light you're going to want a head light from a company like Petzl, not something on the detector.

Unless and until there are many positive peer reviews on a unit like this I'd stay far, far away from it. YMMV

KellyCo Brad doesn't clue you in that he is a rep? Haha. As one of the good ol' boys once told me....You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still just a pig....Brad even stated it isn't anything near the detector that an AT Pro is, but (just a small but) it has great "features". Im pretty sure most of us buy detectors because it is a good detector first and has good features second.

Until there are even a couple proof positive reviews on this, all you are going to sell to is the un educated and those that impulse buy things being sponsored by a reality tv persona. Not very honest in my opinion.

Just my 2cents though,

Greg

Last edited:

We don't need your sales garbage here. We already know that this is a cheap Chinese POS, AND that it's a just rebadged by KC and doubled in price. Anyone who wants one can find it much cheaper on fleabay.

We don't need your sales garbage here. We already know that this is a cheap Chinese POS, AND that it's a just rebadged by KC and doubled in price. Anyone who wants one can find it much cheaper on fleabay.

I can't get over the fact that they say Uncle Si uses one. What does he use it for? A boat paddle? On one of the forums they say there is a version without realtree camo for $250 cheaper. But I couldn't find it. Might be with the other Chinese knock offs on ebay? Somebody give me one and i'll try it:D
I know tilting a screen to prevent glare isn't much of a selling point. Unless you are under a shade tree.

Its supposed to be a knock off of the Minelab Explorer... but its not... I would not recommend this detector anymore than recommending the Trident Viper another waste of hard earned money. .

Every member should do the necessary research before purchasing a detector so they aren't burned... my advice stay away from Chinese Detectors period. You get what you pay for.

So you are in the middle of the USA selling Chinese gear?:shock: - If its of the same standard as the MPX's you dupe people into buying, you should be ashamed ...................... Kellyco huh

Realtree®

So you are in the middle of the USA selling Chinese gear?:shock: - If its of the same standard as the MPX's you dupe people into buying, you should be ashamed ...................... Kellyco huh

Wonder if realtree gave permission to use their protected name? Just thinking
about that in front of my keyboard.

I prefer to support American companies but if someone wants one of these who are you people to tell them they are wrong? Just curious where the computer you are using was made or perhaps your cell phone. Use what you want but you don't have to be a jerk to those with different opinions.

I prefer to support American companies but if someone wants one of these who are you people to tell them they are wrong? Just curious where the computer you are using was made or perhaps your cell phone. Use what you want but you don't have to be a jerk to those with different opinions.

It's different with most Chinese detectors. What they do is take an actual companies detector and reverse engineer it. Then build one with inferior parts and slap a name on it. Just google Chinese knockoff(insert brand name) and hold onto your seat:lol:

I have no problem with someone wanting one, but they need to be aware of where it comes from, and what it ISN'T, before dropping their hard-earned cash. There are much better options for the same price.

Back
Top Bottom