Best coin coil for DFX

Ohio Digger

Elite Member
Any advice on the best coil for coin shooting with the DFX? In moderate trashy areas? Need best of depth and pinpoint accuracy. All the other threads I've searched are from 2010 and earlier???

Use a 5.3 in the trashy areas. I used a 5.3 when I used the DFX for relic hunting. I now use a V3i with a 5.3. Excellent depth and target separation. Phil

The 6x10DD would probably be your best option unless the trash is very bad then the 5.3 would shine. Pinpointing with the 6x10 is a little different but once you figure out where the center is makes it a very good coil.

I've heard good things about the 5.3 and the Eclipse 6x10 DD. I would prefer the 6x10 for its larger coverage. Does it get good depth? Do sponsors discount coils? I see Kellyco sells them on their website for the same price Whites does.

8x6 Excelerator SEF. Kicks butt on the 6x10 in depth, separates and swings easy. I run one on my V3i after trying one of a buddy's who runs a DFX. Special little coil!

I rarely put anything on my detector besides my Excelerator 10x12 SEF. It has good ground coverage, and goes a lot deeper than those smaller coils. It's not to bad in trashy areas, and it's very easy to pinpoint with.

My 6X8 SEF spends most of its time on my DFX. Great depth for its size. Great in trash. The 5.3 is my second choice- another classic coil for the DFX. Just my opinion- hope it helps. HH. Matt

5.3 or 6x10.neat thing about a 6x10 is you can also turn your detector sideways and walk right down the edge of a sidewalk without even swinging back and forth.Then clean up all the items others missed.I rub the ground swinging my coils.As a side note the 6x10 the MXT was built around one.Works really well on my MXT.My MXT goes deeper than my DFX.

I have a 4X6 for my DFX and it kicks some butt. Probably not as much depth but it sniffs out the coins from the junk. But it takes some getting used to because of the super light weight and you have to work a little slower. Can't swing too fast and have to work a smaller area. I have gone over areas I hit with the bigger coil and I can't believe how many coins I missed by not using the smaller coil.

Back
Top Bottom