• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Anyone near Elgin IL?

I am very busy this next week but maybe the following weekend I am somewhat flexible right now.

I'm usually pretty busy, but I'm REALLY going to try to make time for this. I want to learn about this. My daughter's travel soccer starts back up again next week. so my free time is going to be real limited after that, but usually Saturdays are open as long as there isn't a tournament somewhere....

Warner

Cool I am out next weekend I am on call for work but most saturdays are ok for me also. So sounds like for the majority we should shoot for the 18th what do you guys think of hitting lords? Or if anyone else has a spot we can try.

Cool I am out next weekend I am on call for work but most saturdays are ok for me also. So sounds like for the majority we should shoot for the 18th what do you guys think of hitting lords? Or if anyone else has a spot we can try.

There are a few spots at Wing park that I think would be worth trying.....
and we could probably hit Larkin High School too if you wanted to...

Warner

I went to the ball field last nite and found a silver ring and four-bucks clad this morning Went to beach and found a small silver wedding band with diamonds the ring gods are with me this week.

Hi there sat sound possible but I don't know where those places are

Both of the parks we're talking about (and Larkin High School) are in Elgin. Wing Park is located at 1000 Wing St. If you were to take 90 West, you would exit at Route 31 South (2nd route 31 exit). Then take 31 to the 4th light, which would be Wing St. Turn Right onto Wing (only way you can turn onto Wing) and go up about a half mile and the park is on the right side.

Warner

It sounds like these two places get looked over quite a lot are there any other parks , ball fields beaches or ? in the area

It sounds like these two places get looked over quite a lot are there any other parks , ball fields beaches or ? in the area

I'm not so sure that Wing Park gets looked over much at all. And the area(s) that I'm thinking of probably not much at all. I have never seen anyone detecting at the high school, and who knows....we might get kicked out, but I doubt it.

Warner

Well if you found a detector to use I am game to give it a try on Sat 18 I do have an old radio shack you could use but I dont know how well it works but it does find things. it was my dads and he cant use it anymore.

The only thing that I know of for sure on the 18th is that I'll have to drop my wife off at work in the morning, but I'm not sure what time yet. When and where would you guys like to meet up? Do you want to try the high school first, and see if we get kicked out from there?

Thanks,

Warner

I haven't been kicked out of school, property yet but I stay away when kid are around and don't dig big holes. I use a steel probe to locate the coins but I am sure I am missing things like rings that would be harder to hit. I went to a park/ playground yesterday and found so much clad I had to cherry pick the quarters because of limited time .$ !0.46 in 1.5 hours. My best $ day yet!!

Okay....here's the deal. I would have to drive my wife at about 12:15 (she starts at 1:00), so we could go early in the morning, but my preference would be to go after dropping her off at work (I'd be home by 1:15). Does that work for you guys, or do you need/prefer to go in the morning?

Warner

Okay....here's the deal. I would have to drive my wife at about 12:15 (she starts at 1:00), so we could go early in the morning, but my preference would be to go after dropping her off at work (I'd be home by 1:15). Does that work for you guys, or do you need/prefer to go in the morning?

Warner

Afternoon would be better for me personally (but I'm a newbie too :) )

That works for me I have the all clear. How about we all meet at the Larkin high school parking lot at 12:30pm weather permitting.

Back
Top Bottom