First Silver of 2018

Compass

Forum Supporter
I would rather say "First Gold of 2018", of course, but that day will come soon, hopefully. :yes: I went out for a short midweek hunt after work yesterday even though the tides were working against me. There seemed to be a little sand movement but good targets were few and far between.
picture.php

I did manage to find a small silver ring that should look nice after I clean it and a bracelet that looks decent but isn't stamped. The "lightning bolt" earring sure looked good in the dark under my headlamp but I've been fooled so many times at night that I wasn't surprised to see that it was plated.
picture.php

Even though the findings were a bit scarce it felt good to get out on the wet sand with the Dual Field again. I think that the local beaches could be primed to produce with next week's predicted swells- fingers crossed! :yes:

Looks like a good hunt to me. Congrats on getting out and being able to find anything.
X2
I was going to take the day off today for a hunt but conditions changed. I should've taken yesterday off instead. I missed a nice window. Getting out is goal #1 for me always!

Looks like you had a good time Compass. Congrats on the silver.
Thanks Beachhunter, It was fun. I always enjoy it when it feels like gold is within reach! :yes:

Looks like a good hunt to me. Congrats on getting out and being able to find anything.
Thank you Scuba, I hope I didn't come across as being ungrateful for what I did find, I just really miss seeing gold in the scoop! Been about 7-8 hunts since I did. :yes:

X2
I was going to take the day off today for a hunt but conditions changed. I should've taken yesterday off instead. I missed a nice window. Getting out is goal #1 for me always!
Felix, When I said, "good targets" I was not including those "pennies" in the upper right hand corner of the picture! :D After about 10 of those in a row I picked up and went to another beach! :yes:

Congrads on the Silver! All the right targets for gold to surface.

I to am in the same boat, silver #1..but goldless for the year...:(

Nope you didn't sound ungrateful at all. I can't hunt fresh water unless I cut a huge hole somewhere and that isn't happening!!

Next month I am heading to Florida to try to find a Felix penny, unless he has got them all. Then Cancun to see if I can find a Mexican coin. Better than sitting here watching the fluffy white stuff fly.

Nice George... I had my batteries charged hoping to get out for todays low tide but the pouring rain killed it for me.

Congrads on the Silver! All the right targets for gold to surface.

I to am in the same boat, silver #1..but goldless for the year...:(
Thanks OBN, I should be getting my Excal back any day now with the pinpoint switch mod. Once I do the gold better watch out! :D

Nice one man, better than some thin little band... On the board!
Thanks Z, I'll be surprised if I don't have some gold by this time next week. 3 day weekend +1 to hunt. :yes:

Very nice, congrats on the silver!
Thanks V!

Nope you didn't sound ungrateful at all. I can't hunt fresh water unless I cut a huge hole somewhere and that isn't happening!!

Next month I am heading to Florida to try to find a Felix penny, unless he has got them all. Then Cancun to see if I can find a Mexican coin. Better than sitting here watching the fluffy white stuff fly.
Counting my blessings that I live where I can detect pretty much any time I want if the wife says I can. :roll:
Nice George... I had my batteries charged hoping to get out for todays low tide but the pouring rain killed it for me.
Thanks Craig, Looks like the tide gets even better over the next few days so hopefully you'll have other opportunities. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom