Anyone Geocaching?

I used to do it but fell out of the game.I got tired of all the park and grab caches thrown any where just to be a "hide" for some one.Also the folks who would hide a pill bottle micro in the middle of the woods.

My favorites were ones that took you some place you never knew was there,hidden spots off the beaten path.

Go to the dollar store for trading swag,you get alot of neat things to leave.(if you dont mind reading the persons log entry "took new wrist watch,left old band aid")

Hi 1911, yeah we're trying to stay away from the micros ourselves. We have a hard enough time find the large ones :lol:

Unfortunately almost all the ones near us are micros, that's why we drove 3 miles yesterday to find the regular one.

Film canisters in the woods make no sense to me. :roll:

Tsmola, that is incredible! How do you put a log in that???

it is best to avoid the micros till you get more experience in. You are lucky you only have to drive 3 miles now to find a regular. To find a regular that I haven't already found now I have to go at least 15-20 miles.

Micros in the woods don't make a whole lot of sense at times. There are a few in this same park, but they are not impossible to find, heck the stages of that multi are micros.

There's a lot of debate in the geocaching world on regular vs. micro, personally I can see what some people have wrong with them when the micro is poorly done, but I've seen a lot that were extremely well executed. I live in an area full of good cachers fortunately.

Basically for these tiny containers you have to cut a small roll of paper and roll it up for a log. It's hard to put the log back in, but I wouldn't have bought these containers if I hadn't enjoyed finding ones like it already, these are great for spots where larger caches will likely get muggled, one of these is going in just such a spot. A small park, there is pretty much no place to hide a larger cache in this park unfortunately, but one of these should be "muggle proof" there.

well, it didn't take long, my new multi was found this afternoon 1 day after it was placed. I thought it'd go at least a week before being found as a lot of cachers in our area seem to avoid the multis much of the time.

I know of a few other local cachers who I can expect visits from on this one within the next week or two for sure. I just love it when I get a log that reads like that one. :yes:

Today was kind of an odd day involving caching....first I picked up the biggest travel bug I've ever seen. Yes, that whole thing is the travel bug!!! Then I found an archived cache from 2004, and I was not even looking for it!

hugetravelbug1.jpg

I ran into some other cachers I knew yesterday and they suggested I go grab this bug....what they didn't mention was that the bug is too big for any cache I know of in 100 miles, and it weighs a whopping 35 lbs! What is it you ask? Oh...just a leftover from the Cold War...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=ec19109b-184d-40da-b4e3-9c50c4bdf58c

hugetravelbug2.jpg

I've never seen anything like it as far as bugs go, now...what the (edited) to do with it I have no idea  :?:

Then, something that was totally unexpected....I found a cache that has been archived since 2004! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...99-6065-4975-8d32-c365d488c957&log=y&decrypt=

I was "upgrading" one of my micro caches to a small, and went over to a nearby tree to place it, and was surprised to find this old, neglected cache laying there! It's in extremely poor shape, I knew it was archived so I picked it up and contacted the owner of the listing to see if they want what's left.

reallyoldgeocache1.jpg

I placed my upgraded cache near where I found this old thing, hopefully it doesn't meet the same fate.

geez you throw your back out carrying that out? Some one has a twisted sense of humor. Cladius.

WoW Tsmola! That is too funny, and definitely the biggest Travel Bug I've ever seen LOL. (don't send it to Connecticut ;)

fortunately it was less than 100 yds from the road hidden in a pile of sticks. I'm thinking I'm gonna take it to a TB cache in someone's yard and just drop it by the door lol :lol:

Actually that is really cool, and so historic. The can is in excellent shape.

Yeah...gotta find out the mission...but a TB dropspot would probably be the best place for it.

it's mission was to travel to caches big enough for it to fit in or hide near. I had a heck of a time tonight convincing a friend I showed it to we couldn't open it to see what the candy looked and tasted like :shock:

btw I was thinking everyone who caches should post links to their profiles here so we know their GC.com username in case we run into each other on the trails, that is if your username on GC.com is different from here.

they do, but ones big enough are few and far between...the only cache I've seen that's big enough for this bug is one that's already been visited by it.

I'm thinking I'll take it to a bug cache in this guy's yard some 20 miles away and just leave it on the doorstep and run :lol:

Well darn, your cacheinfo page wouldn't load for me no matter how many times I refreshed it. :?:

Hello all. This would be my first day geocaching. I looked for 7 caches out of 43 within 10 miles of my house and found them all. I found it sorta fun so I am heading out to some caches that are 15 miles from home tomorrow. I think the detecting might be good there as well. HH

Geocaching screen name = paintcheck98

I just have to post some pics of the cache I found today, I planned to go detecting today too but the dang weather turned rotten so I ended up only finding this cache today. But it's a cool one. Took me 4 trips to get it lol

coolcache1.jpg

coolcache2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom