Newbies+Old Detector+honey hole= FUN!

TECTONATOR

Round on the Ends & Hi in the Middle = OHIO
Started MD'ing last July after buying a White's 6000D Pro Coinmaster at a local swap meet. My teen boys and I have had A LOT of fun with it. I'm putting up a post in "Stories and Finds" showing everything we've found these last few months. There are better close ups of the walker half-dollars there (we found total of two!) But for now...
Think we found us a honey hole! It is a house built in 1832 here in Ohio. Two story brick. After four visits (about 90min each visit) we've pulled out some interesting finds. We are definitely going back...homeowner is very nice.

Most of the coins were found about 5" down in loose, black soil in the front yard (have not been in the back yard yet!). The Barber was the deepest at 6". The seated dime was 5". We washed them up a bit with soap and water AFTER checking for key dates.

Best finds were the seated dime (1876) and Barber dime (1902). The 1942 Walking Liberty Half wasn't "half" bad, either!

I thought it was very special to find four different kinds of dimes, too!

Most interesting find was the Cooper Lucky Coin at about 2". My son read that Cooper was running for Governor in 1928 for the Republican party (there is an elephant on top of the coin). He won the election! Unfortunately, it was right before the Great Depression. So much for 2 years of prosperity! :lol:
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Attachments

• HONEYHOLE1.jpg
    HONEYHOLE1.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 445
  • HONEYHOLE2.jpg
    HONEYHOLE2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 542
  • HONEYHOLE3.jpg
    HONEYHOLE3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 533
  • HONEYHOLE4.jpg
    HONEYHOLE4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 437
  • cooper.jpg
    cooper.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 438
  • cooper2.jpg
    cooper2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 444
  • dimes quad.jpg
    dimes quad.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 435
Wow fantastic hunt with all that silver Congrats. Thats great that you was able to make all those finds with your kids, Excellent time spent together. Best of luck on future hunts. steve

That is some great silver! Don't tell Goes4Ever where that house is in Ohio, you won't find as much as a memorial penny if he gets to it...:lol:

Great finds, congratulations on the results and for having a place that great to detect open to you!

wow!

Now those finds would get anyone new or old in this hobby pumped up. Keep us updated on whatever else you come across. Plenty of human activity there to keep you occupied for some more visits. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom