• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Multiple Rings in a Single Scoop?

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
So I am just curious for everyone out there, has this ever happened to you? I do wonder how often this has happened since a buddy of mine was telling me a story where he was shocked to see two gold rings in the same scoop one day. Although I have not been that lucky I have picked up multiple targets in the same scoop but never two rings yet...let alone 2 gold ones!

I did once. One was a 10k aquamarine rings and also a junker

So I am just curious for everyone out there, has this ever happened to you? I do wonder how often this has happened since a buddy of mine was telling me a story where he was shocked to see two gold rings in the same scoop one day. Although I have not been that lucky I have picked up multiple targets in the same scoop but never two rings yet...let alone 2 gold ones!

Two years ago I was hunting with Joe and he got three (3)!!!!! It was an intertwined design, but all three were separated and came up in the same scoop. Kinda looked like this when you put them back together.

Attachments

• 21264_main.jpg
    21264_main.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 470
Not scooping but would have got both if I was. An old mans ring with diamonds and a old woman's ring with a red cross on it. Both 14K. Never have repeated that and that was at least 8 years ago.

One of my former hunting friends got a wedding set in one scoop that was not soldered together.

It's not uncommon to get multiple coins in one scoop. Like either on the dry sand @ a pocket spill. Or after beach erosion where mother nature deposits scores of objects in very confined zones.

The closest I've ever heard of multiple rings, was a guy I knew who had 3 rings, back-to-back. He dug the first, then took 2 steps got another beep. It was another gold ring. The turned 180* and took another 2 steps. Got another gold ring. 3 gold rings in the space of 2 minutes, forming a triangle shape.

It had been after beach erosion has put all the heavy targets into concise zones. That was the 1977-78 storms.

A similar situation to another friend during the 1982-83 storms that raked our coast: 7 gold rings in 15 minutes. He had gotten into a zone that was exclusively heavy objects (fishing sinkers and gold rings). And since this beach is very touristy, with almost zero fishing, his 7 gold rings were only broken by a fishing sinker or two between each of the rings. Sick sick sick.

Once for me.. his and hers gold wedding bands... most likely their family put them there when they passed is my guess... and no I didn't leave them there because some other pirate would have taken them...

2 sterling silver rings in one scoop. I just shook my head and asked "why not Gold oh ring losing lady from long ago?" :(

3 rings twice Plus MORE

Twice I have pulled up three gold rings in one scoop. One of those times on the next scoop I pulled up one more. Both times were in Connecticut back in the early 1980's - fresh water - they were NOT connected to each other.

4 gold without moving a foot - 4 scoops. Where: Massachusetts - salt water

I also know of one man with a land detector digging up over 300 gold rings, let alone the silver ring and coin count in an 18 hour marathon in one drained fresh water swimming lake. The year? late 1970's Where: Connecticut.

My Trifecta of a silver, gold and platinum rings in one day. When: 2000 Where Massachusetts.

AHHHHHH....the way it was! The years when a bad day was only 5 or 6 gold rings in a day's hunt.

There may be some glory holes left and I hope you and I find one more. My last great haul was on one of my first hunts with the ATX - 5 gold within a 15 foot radius.

....I also know of one man with a land detector digging up over 300 gold rings, let alone the silver ring and coin count in an 18 hour marathon in one drained fresh water swimming lake. The year? late 1970's Where: Connecticut....

Sick. Absolutely sick.

I read of a fellow who was the first to scuba dive with an underwater detector, beneath a water-slide platform at an old popular swim resort. He brought up rings by the handful @ each dive. But nothing like the story you're saying here !

Last year 2 golds in one scoop. Ended up getting over 40 gold rings from the spot in about 5 weeks. Bad is you get a spot like that you are spoiled and when it is cleaned out for some reason you just keep going back and hoping. They still give them up but a lot less. Same spot this year maybe 6....

Never 2 in a scoop that I can recall. Often in the corners of old roped swimming sections not uncommon for rings a ft apart.
My record was 62g (24k) in 3 rings, 3 holes all within a 2ft radius
They get swim out to the corners, get tired and hold onto the ropes to rest.

Yes. I was lucky like that once. I was at the beach in Melbourne, FL I think it's been about 7-10 years ago and detecting the trough at the waters edge at low tide. Everyone knows an excal doesn't seem to detect chains. I got a good signal and scooped in the sand and pulled a necklace with 2 rings on it. I'm guessing it signaled on the rings. It was a 14k 22inch rope chain with a 14k womans wedding band with 3 diamonds and was told the setting was from the 30's and a 14k anniversary band with a row of tiny diamonds. I'm thinking someone put their rings on their necklace and then put it their pocket and had a pocket blow out in the surf. So yes it happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I remember scooping up a pair of rings off the dry sand towel line once..fresh drops....one was gold and the other silver, gave off a very crappy signal combined...but you know, dry sand and in season, plus a guy is scooping it all....so it happens....no real skill involved, but a welcomed and strange remembrance when it does...

Sometimes, a guy is really into the targets and scoops multiples before shaking out the scoop to see what you got..really fast harvesting.....might have a half dozen targets in there before taking the time to pouch them...but on this particular day, one scoop and two rings showed up....

I've gotten 2 in one scoop before, gold & silver. But I do recall CJ (Cupajoe) posting of either 5 or 7 gold rings in one scoop.
DL

Back
Top Bottom