Hyvis Motor Oil Token and a Handful of Wheats

Jamflicker

Elite Member
I am just getting around to posting my finds from this weekend. I didn't find any silvers this weekend but did find a cool Hyvis Motor Oil token and 11 Wheats. This is the second Hyvis token I have found this year. Both where found in lots about a half mile from each other. I haven't been able to find much on the Hyvis Oil Company but think the token is from the 30's or 40's. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Of the 11 wheats I found my oldest of the year a worn 1911. Also found a few other things and a little over $10 in clad.

I also had to send in my ProPointer to Garrett because the power would not turn off and wanted to thank my friend Greg (GStout76) for letting me borrow one while mine is in the shop. Jason

Attachments

• 4_23_12 Finds_Hyvis.jpg
    4_23_12 Finds_Hyvis.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,138
  • 4_23_12 Finds_Wheats.jpg
    4_23_12 Finds_Wheats.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,033
  • 4_23_12 Finds_Misc.jpg
    4_23_12 Finds_Misc.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 964
Buzz, thanks for the link to the newspaper ad from 1929, that was pretty cool. It helps confirm that most of the info although it is not a lot that Hyvis was primarily around mostly in the 20's and 30's and went out of business sometime in the early 40's.

That motor oil probably went into a Velie motor vehicle?? See my post today. I love digging up old stuff. It's not always the Silver's that make me smile. A token like yours would have been nice.

That motor oil probably went into a Velie motor vehicle?? See my post today. I love digging up old stuff. It's not always the Silver's that make me smile. A token like yours would have been nice.
Well ,, I tell you what,, I love to find history so you are right my friend. its almost as good as gold. ;) :yes: Thanks Keith K. for posting.

Keith, you a probably right and that was a nice medallion you found. Silver is always nice but a historical piece is rewarding because you can always learn from them.

Back
Top Bottom