Trash or Treasure

MattLock

Elite Member
Almost want to say it's a cap off something. But it's too fancy I think to be that. I found a golf ball in the hole before I found this. Looks like it has letters B and grapes all around it

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 421
That wouldn't be a twist off cap over a plastic cork.

Cliff

No ? it looks like those heavy foil champagne wraps over a plastic corked bottle. They say twist or twist off on the top of the wrappers for plastic corked bottles. If it were a regular twist off cap, wouldn't the pressed in threaded twist cap threads be visible in the sides of the cap or no ?

No ? it looks like those heavy foil champagne wraps over a plastic corked bottle. They say twist or twist off on the top of the wrappers for plastic corked bottles. If it were a regular twist off cap, wouldn't the pressed in threaded twist cap threads be visible in the sides of the cap or no ?
I guess I lead a sheltered life. I've never seen one say twist off unless it had threads but you're right, this one doesn't have threads. I guess I need to make a trip to Specs.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

the dots to the left of the B indicate its sparkling - i think that's a universal sign for all champagne/prosecco. bibelot, your photo is correct, probably what was under the foil wrapper, with "twist" referring to the metal wire holding the cork down.

I guess I lead a sheltered life. I've never seen one say twist off unless it had threads but you're right, this one doesn't have threads. I guess I need to make a trip to Specs.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

No problem, I was just explaining why I wasn't thinking it was a twist cap.

Back
Top Bottom