What Do You Make?

Great product and very fun hobby.

I started into the mini copter hobby last year with a little micro co-axial model. Now I have a much larger co-axial copter, the Double Horse 9051 . I'm hoping next summer to gain success in outdoor flying.

I plan on getting one of those mini key chain HD cams they're all talking about on the copter forums.

Maybe some day I'll move up to a quad.

Badger

Last edited:
I've been making Pens for about 3 months,

........thanks to some "Learning" from Nitelord. These are made from spent shell casings, recycled for a second life. The upper end of the pens can be replaced with the optional Custom Clips that are shown. There are letter openers, key rings, seam rippers, and mechanical pencils too.

Attachments

• BlogDisplay.jpg
    BlogDisplay.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,723
  • SeamRipper.jpg
    SeamRipper.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,680
  • Golf,Tennis,Caduceus,Baseball,GClef.jpg
    Golf,Tennis,Caduceus,Baseball,GClef.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,669
  • CustomClipOptions.jpg
    CustomClipOptions.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,658
Last edited:
WOW, what a thread.
It took me a while to look thru all the posts of the cool things you guys make. I thought I'd add my dime's worth. Since I use detect quite often & have boxes full of useless targets to display, I started making displays to show them.
I'm always looking for display cases & ideas to show off the targets that are conversation pieces. Here is a link to a thread elsewhere on this forum showing a "rescued" case I have here.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=1022712#post1022712

here's another using an old gun cabinet that I modified for display use:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=1027573#post1027573

I have 6-7 more large cases, but that's all I'll show for now.

OK, here we go....

The 1st one is made from plywood, red, white & blue towels after the U.S Flag. I added 13 targets in the blue field......
Here's the example:

ry%3D480

I guess you know what state I live in with this display.......

ry%3D480

Since this one was made during the breadbox detector days....at least you know how old this one is......

ry%3D480

Need a lock? here's few for the asking.......
ry%3D480

Every mancave needs a "gun" collection........
ry%3D480

Yep, a knife collection is here also........
knifecase.jpg

Here are most of the displays hanging on the wall between a rec rom & bedroom here at home......

ry%3D480

Hope you enjoy the pics. Let's keep this thread going. It's a pretty cool one to watch! ..............see ya yardhunter

Attachments

• 2011-07-13 19.00.28 (2).jpg
    2011-07-13 19.00.28 (2).jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,650
  • leschee.jpg
    leschee.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,667
  • Morasheath2.jpg
    Morasheath2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,648
  • plumbaxesheath.jpg
    plumbaxesheath.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,695
  • IMAG0665.jpg
    IMAG0665.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,592
  • IMAG0691.jpg
    IMAG0691.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,522
  • IMAG0766.jpg
    IMAG0766.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,592
Last edited:
And finally, Uncle Sam sent me to several schools to be qualified to work on the Apache A model and Apache D model (Longbow), but then decided he liked my work so much, I needed to go across the pond and into the sandbox (no, not a tot-lot). :no:

A couple years after coming back to the US, I retired at 44 and now I make breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts in Dutch ovens and cast iron cookware. :chef:

Thank you for your service and I love cast iron cooking too!!

I make hand made and kit made knives and some leather sheathes

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpg
    IMG_0740.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,741
WOW, what a thread.
It took me a while to look thru all the posts of the cool things you guys make. I thought I'd add my dime's worth. Since I use detect quite often & have boxes full of useless targets to display, I started making displays to show them.
I'm always looking for display cases & ideas to show off the targets that are conversation pieces. Here is a link to a thread elsewhere on this forum showing a "rescued" case I have here.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=1022712#post1022712

here's another using an old gun cabinet that I modified for display use:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=1027573#post1027573

I have 6-7 more large cases, but that's all I'll show for now.

OK, here we go....

The 1st one is made from plywood, red, white & blue towels after the U.S Flag. I added 13 targets in the blue field......
Here's the example:

ry%3D480

I guess you know what state I live in with this display.......

ry%3D480

Since this one was made during the breadbox detector days....at least you know how old this one is......

ry%3D480

Need a lock? here's few for the asking.......
ry%3D480

Every mancave needs a "gun" collection........
ry%3D480

Yep, a knife collection is here also........
knifecase.jpg

Here are most of the displays hanging on the wall between a rec rom & bedroom here at home......

ry%3D480

Hope you enjoy the pics. Let's keep this thread going. It's a pretty cool one to watch! ..............see ya yardhunter

Your displays are great. Thanks for all the ideas.
That knife display made me wish I'd kept all the knives I've dug.

Badger

some nice work people!!! love looking at this post...

I carve lures (I just give them to friends and relatives to use) and whatever else I feel like whittling. Would love to start powercarving. Friend does wild life and am waiting til we both have time to get together so I can learn the basics.

Last few years I've been refinishing furniture... especially stuff wife's dad makes for us and leaves it naked wood...lots of handrubbing to get rid of that look.

I love to do remodel work (new construction is ok too). Just finished installing 4 rooms of engineered wood flooring and redid our light oak kitchen cabinets to a dark walnut color. (all in 2 wks-ish)

Used to write for small local publications back home in Grand Rapids (Big Fish..not sure it's still published), a few workout websites (AnimalPak.com and a few others)..

Few things I want to start doing:

make stag handle knives...we have many many antlers just waiting to be used... Most likely I'll read up on it and play around until I figure it out.

Want to get into some form of copperwork... As many ppl know, float copper is extremely abundant at the inlaws.

Whatever I get the gumption to do I'll find a way to do it. Whether that involves someone teaching me or doing hours and hours of research and just trying things.

Great Thread!

I made this Pineapple Mojito! Ok, it's no golf ball canon, but I did make it... OK, I really want one of those golf ball mortars! That thing is awesome! ...And I wanted to bring this tread back to life by posting on it! Keep up the posts, there are some very awesome talented individuals on here!

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,461
I don't have much to show really, because I make "code".

However, this site was in the news about a month ago, and I made it at work. So, for all you Vets out there who are seeking jobs, know that this isn't just another government website, but that it was made by people who actually care.

https://nrd.gov/jobSearch

Well I don't make things per se, but I like to build. I recently bought a house with an old shed- no walls and part of the floor was missing. I finished it for my wife and I to use for storage of yard tools, potting supplies and fishing stuff. I added a lean-to to each side for the ol jon and my mower.

Isnt a shed with no walls and only part of the floor a deck?

I actually make bumper stickers for a company in oregon, have sold quite a few across the states and found them from new hampshire to florida.

I am also a stone mason and before my accident used to make kitchens and showers ans sinks etc from marble, granite, onyx, etc.

Made some stuff for us and also working in a quarry in my younger days didnt so much make them but found a few fossils so brought them to america when i emigrated

Back
Top Bottom