Finding Escobar's Millions - Detectors?

oaktree

Forum Supporter
Has anyone caught the first couple of episodes on Discovery Channel of this show, "Finding Escobar's Millions"?

Two former CIA agents have been given permission by the Colombian government to try to unearth some of the millions of dollars that drug lord Escobar reputedly buried around the country.

As the CIA agents make connections and get permissions, they bring in a team of professionals. They have a GPR (ground penetrating radar) unit, and they show a high-tech drone that somehow is able to fly up over a large field and determine where there are metal deposits?? They also have a metal detector but I didn't catch what model they are using. I believe I heard them say it could locate metal 5 feet below the surface.

Anyone else watching the show? Likely it may end up another treasure-hunters goose chase like Oak Island, but I still have a hard time resisting the adventure!

A couple of fascinating tidbits from the show..

During the prime of his "career", Escobar was making $60 million dollars.... PER DAY!!

They also said that 20% of the US $100 bills were going to Escobar during this time

He was making so much money that he couldn't use banks or any other conventional means, so he often had his henchmen go out to a spot he specified, bury a box or barrel of loot, then have them executed so that only he knew the locations

Anyone that believes any part of this show is true is either gullible or naive. There is entirely no way whatsoever the Mexican Mafia is going to let a couple Gringos come in and find millions of dollars of their money... they might call it Escobar's money ...but believe me it is the cartels money...and you're not walking in there and coming back alive...period.

I got ocean front property to sell you in Arizona if interested

Anyone that believes any part of this show is true is either gullible or naive. There is entirely no way whatsoever the Mexican Mafia is going to let a couple Gringos come in and find millions of dollars of their money... they might call it Escobar's money ...but believe me it is the cartels money...and you're not walking in there and coming back alive...period.

Why do you gotta be such a kill-joy Nectar ? Sheeesk, we're going to be laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Now if you'll excuse me, before I find the escobar's millions, it will be after I've found the desert pearl ship, yamashita fortune, and lost dutchman mine. I have them all on "good authority" via the dramatized hollywood shows, and the treasure map I bought from the dude on the street corner. So neener neener.

Saw this as well and although very entertaining, found it hard to believe. These guys are just trying to get people to tell them where millions are buried! :laughing:

60 million a day is one heck of a lot to stash......Quite a logistical problem since Bitcoin wasnt around back then....

In order of magnitude, I think Walter White on Breaking Bad had 7 55gal drums buried with around 10million? And look at all the trouble that caused! So 60 million buried each and every day for years, all over the place would be a nightmare to keep track of let alone guard....plus all those barrels to procure, stuff, transport, and a fresh set of workers to hire each and every day since they were killed upon internment completion...Yes...

A lot of blood spilled and lives lost over that money. It's cursed and anyone that finds it will be also.:yes:

Why do you gotta be such a kill-joy Nectar ? Sheeesk, we're going to be laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Now if you'll excuse me, before I find the escobar's millions, it will be after I've found the desert pearl ship, yamashita fortune, and lost dutchman mine. I have them all on "good authority" via the dramatized hollywood shows, and the treasure map I bought from the dude on the street corner. So neener neener.

LoL, you know me...not Willie Wonka so I dont sugar coat shii..lol At first I was buying into it then reality set in and I realized no way they would find the money, and if they did they and their families wouldnt live very long. The reality is just that...lol

Hope you find gold bars with your new treasure map!

Narco tv series he actually did dig up 1 of the old cash stockpiles. The bills were rotten, moldy, and mouse eaten. 25 years later in sure most/all buried bills are destroyed

I thought that was you I sold that photoshop map to.:lol::lol:

During the prime of his "career", Escobar was making $60 million dollars.... PER DAY!!

They also said that 20% of the US $100 bills were going to Escobar during this time

He was making so much money that he couldn't use banks or any other conventional means, so he often had his henchmen go out to a spot he specified, bury a box or barrel of loot, then have them executed so that only he knew the locations

Crazy........

Pepe Escobarically speaking, I actually have no doubt that someday I will find a bag or case full of cash while out of doors and on a hunt....Complete accident,..Like the guy in "No Country for Old Men" kind of deal....Unlike him, I have prepared my mind accordingly and will not get captured or killed or chased around by some crazy pumpkin pie haircutted guy with a cowpuncher air tool....

Well no one has claimed this series would have a happy ending, well at least for the Gringos and TV crew anyway.

Wow. Good thing all those $100 bills are made out of metal, so they can find them! Oh..> wait...

pzv5j7l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom