Double Pulse

Brian

Elite Member
I was ask why I have two pulse machines from Pulsepower Developments rather than just the most expensive. The reason is that the older Deepstar has the edge for depth but at a much lower price the Goldquest has better sensitivity to fine gold and engagement rings.
Use both on the same site and the chances of really clearing an area (until the next big storm) is far better.
Picture is finds from two visits to a Devon beach four hours drive away. Will be off after lunch for three/four days to give it a really working over.

Attachments

• Devon.jpg
    Devon.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,623
Nice Brian :)

Is that from in water or wet/dry sand? Bottom left is that a signet ring? If it is they are my favorite rings to find.

Maybe  it's  the angle  of  the pic,  but  a  couple of  them look to  be  real  thin.  I understand  the need  for both  units  to do a  good    job  of cleaning up.  I use  a  beach  hunter  for  my  fresh water endeavors......Suits  my  needs,  find  a  lot of stuff,  but  don't  believe  it would  pull up  a  thin ring  at over 6  inches.....Then again,
we  don't have  the wave action  to  bury  the  stuff deep..currently  land  detecting  till  after  the  "season"   Craig  knows  what  I mean
:roll:......Gil

Attachments

• TN_alligator_41.jpg
    TN_alligator_41.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 759
Good job on the rings, Brian. :grin:

Gil, do you actually do shallow water hunting even if gators are in there with you? :shock:

I probably would last all of 30 seconds. :lol:

Angel

angel, They are like deer, they scoot when you get to close.
They are always in the water, can lay on the bottom for up to 24 hours. How long can you hold your breath? Alligator daytime attacks are rare. You have a better chance of being hit by lightning.

However, During the breeding season the larger ones are quite active, so being in the water at that time with something that can out run a racehorse at 25 ft is not smart... Seeing one in the water near you is a rush. Maybe if your ever down this way I can show you. For the next couple weeks though I will stay out of the water.....Gil

You might get two of this. Power fluctuation mid post.
The bottom ring is a signet ring and like those in the new picture all the older ones have worn really thin at the back so I suppose they had got loose on the finger and when the owner went in the sea their fingers will have contracted with the cold and off they dropped.
Beach has quite a steep slope of fine stones, very deep, so I kept as far out as possible towards the low tide mark.

Attachments

• Devon3.jpg
    Devon3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 733
You're making me drool Brian :) I haven't been in the water in a few days and I have a need to go lol...

Brian did you get these all in one day? I love them signets because they usually have a lot of weight :)

Oh Boy
I have to get out and do some hunt. Oh well putting the new boat in the in the am and maybe beteen the fishing work love to my lady I''ll Find sometime to MD. But if I cant you all keep me posted on the on your finds. Thanks
L.I. Mike

Found over a couple of days. This is the beach where I've only seen one detectorist. Its not supposed to be very productive ! (My local Welsh beaches have stopped producing...and being surfers beaches most rings are silver as the young surfers seem to prefer silver to gold).

craig

i had one of the goldquest - waterproof model

have a buddy in florida with both the same as brian

the deepstar........................he said is 3ft on the beach there - u might like it

i sold mine after this find

Attachments

• 22SCOOPS.JPG
    22SCOOPS.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 801
No thanks Max ;) I dig deep enough with my detector as it is now :)

I remember you posting that a while back.. Felt bad for ya...

Back
Top Bottom