Our Best Buddy Milo, 2004-2019

May Milo Rest In Peace.

I lost my dog Gidget couple weeks ago. She was born April 21 2003. A jack Russell terrier. I really miss my dog. I know you will too. The only pet I ever had and got to watch and love from pup (real young status) till death. All my others got gone. I bought Gidget for a hunting dog. She instead turned into a house dog. She hated men except for me. Loved women. Pets do have personalities just like we as humans do. I think Gidget was a lot smarter than me in a lot of ways. My wife misses her badly too....

Thanks for all the kind words, TNSS. And I'm so sorry to hear about Gidget. Yes, they sure do have their own unique personalities, which is one of the many reasons they end up as true family members.

Certain times of the day Gidget would be in a certain spot. Not anymore.

Oh, you have that right! It's the little things like that are so painful right now - I'm so used to seeing him in his favorite spots, but they're empty now :( He always slept on the floor next to my side of the bed in his dog bed - I caught myself starting to step over his "lazy bones" out of habit this morning when I woke up before dawn for work this morning, forgetting that he and his bed weren't there anymore.

And Milo will be talked about and mentioned for years down the road. I am positive of this.

Yes, he absolutely will - despite the sadness of his passing, we have an endless supply of great memories and laugh out loud stories that will keep him alive in our hearts for the rest of our days :) :)

Ben, condolences, I remember the emptiness when I lost my English setter. Time and perhaps another furry friend will help assuage your grief . On the upside, consider yourself blessed with such a beautiful family. Always nice to be able to put a face with name behind the posts. Take care Mark

Thanks waffles. I’m sorry to hear about your story, too. That’s truly awful to experience a double loss like that - you’ve definitely earned your Daddy stripes getting her through that.

Thanks David. Milo was actually my first dog - never had one as a kid, and until I was in my 30s, I was moving around too much to give a dog a good home. My wife had a dog as a young girl, but not since. And, of course, Milo was my daughters’ first dog. I’m pretty sure we’ll get another one after a little while, once everyone’s ready. As you said - it’ll be a very different companion, with an entirely different loving personality to get to know. For now we’ll savor Milo’s memory, but just like we knew when it was time for him to leave us, we’ll know when the time will be right to invite a new member to the pack :) :)
When you feel it is time to add another new member to the family to help fill the void , don't over look the dogs that are 2-3 years old they some times they work out really great. They seem to know they are getting a second chance at life , usally at least some what trained and are already housebroken. You also skip that chew every thing stage that puppies have. When we got Snuggle who is most likely a Min-Pin/ Chihuahua he was about 3 when we got him from a dog pound in Arkansas , if he had not been adopted soon he would have been put down. My daughter who was going to school there at the time and helped some of the animal groups find homes for dogs and cats found him. We drove down there about 7 hours where she meet us at the facility with the dog he hopped in the car sat him self between me and my wife and was ready to go. That was about 8 years ago and he is my best friend , the only time he hasn't been with us was when we went to the Philippine a couple of years ago for a month , and then he stayed with our daughter. Getting ready in a few days to go to Florida and he will be with us the whole time. Snuggles picture some times shows up here on the forum with me in some of the photo/edits that Gary (GKL)post on his thread http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258582&page=132 David L. Hyde

What a great tribute to a dearly missed character! You have my prayers.
I get it; Milo is family...a special branch of the family. Your family looks like it could support a new special branch quite well. Think about it, but if you have a family vacation coming up, maybe do that first, so any new member gets solid home orientation.

Sorry to hear about Milo. You and I have discussed your family pet several times while we were out detecting. Best wishes to you and your family. Love all the pics that you had posted.

Ben, condolences, I remember the emptiness when I lost my English setter. Time and perhaps another furry friend will help assuage your grief . On the upside, consider yourself blessed with such a beautiful family. Always nice to be able to put a face with name behind the posts. Take care Mark

Thanks Mark - I appreciate your kind words. Time heals all, so I’m sure we’ll adopt another at some point when it feels right - he added too much to our family not to!

What a great tribute to a dearly missed character! You have my prayers.
I get it; Milo is family...a special branch of the family. Your family looks like it could support a new special branch quite well. Think about it, but if you have a family vacation coming up, maybe do that first, so any new member gets solid home orientation.

Thanks Foragist - he certainly was special to us, and too wonderful of a family member not to invite another in. It might be next summer - maybe sooner - we’ll know when the time is right :yes:

When you feel it is time to add another new member to the family to help fill the void , don't over look the dogs that are 2-3 years old they some times they work out really great. They seem to know they are getting a second chance at life , usally at least some what trained and are already housebroken. You also skip that chew every thing stage that puppies have. When we got Snuggle who is most likely a Min-Pin/ Chihuahua he was about 3 when we got him from a dog pound in Arkansas , if he had not been adopted soon he would have been put down. My daughter who was going to school there at the time and helped some of the animal groups find homes for dogs and cats found him. We drove down there about 7 hours where she meet us at the facility with the dog he hopped in the car sat him self between me and my wife and was ready to go. That was about 8 years ago and he is my best friend , the only time he hasn't been with us was when we went to the Philippine a couple of years ago for a month , and then he stayed with our daughter. Getting ready in a few days to go to Florida and he will be with us the whole time. Snuggles picture some times shows up here on the forum with me in some of the photo/edits that Gary (GKL)post on his thread http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258582&page=132 David L. Hyde

Oh, absolutely! We’ll definitely be looking at dogs between 1-3 years old. We adopted Milo when he was at least a year old (unknown birthdate, but he was fully grown by November 2005 when we got him), and couldn’t have asked for a better addition to the family!

Snuggles looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Sorry to hear about Milo. You and I have discussed your family pet several times while we were out detecting. Best wishes to you and your family. Love all the pics that you had posted.

Thanks Dan - I appreciate your well wishes. He was a good, special dog! It’s actually been nice going through all of the pictures and videos we have with Milo in them - reliving and reinforcing old memories and often times just making me and the family flat out smile. Helping us heal even after he’s gone :yes:

getting a rescue adult dog

Oh, absolutely! We’ll definitely be looking at dogs between 1-3 years old. We adopted Milo when he was at least a year old (unknown birthdate, but he was fully grown by November 2005 when we got him), and couldn’t have asked for a better addition to the family!

Snuggles looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Snuggle doesn't even know he is a dog , he thinks he is just a member of the family . Just had him on vacation with us to Florida , he loved the long car ride and the trip to the beach . He doesn't care where we go he just happy to be with us. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom