• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally got permission (old stone house)

Coindigger83

Forum Supporter
I found this site about 3 years ago. Finally got permission to detect it. House has no roads to it and is 1/2 mile from any road. Went out for a scouting trip and found that it also sits right on a now non existent railroad. The pictures with the timber and creek shows the old railroad bridges. There are 2 old railroad bridges on this site. I'm hoping to start hunting it hard this weekend. Did a small exploratory hunt, the site is infested with iron so it may be hard hunting at first, but i'm hoping it's hiding some keepers!

Attachments

• bohling stone house.jpg
    bohling stone house.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 566
  • bohling bridge.jpg
    bohling bridge.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 603
  • bohling bridge 2.jpg
    bohling bridge 2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 496
Amazing that those old structures can stand without a roof. Should be a great location for coins and relics. GL & HH.

Any historical date info on that house. I did notice the chimney has a ceramic liner, they were a code requirement around 1927 or so.
FWIW.

Any luck on the site? That creek is just asking for an AT-pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and pastor bob along with another guy hit it last weekend for the first time...lots and lots of iron. Unfortunately no great finds. Did find some buttons from early 1900s and I found and old pipe wrench...thinking this site will take some time to weed through all the trash to get to the good targets

Back
Top Bottom