• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A couple of 1946 Silvers today

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Went out to a very small park today that I had not been to in two years or so. Worked it slow and tight by a large tree.

Ironically, found silver #46 FTY with a 1946 GW and then shortly later found another 1946 which was a Rosie for silver #47 FTY.

Hopefully, I will squeeze in a couple of more silvers before the end of the year too. As for the bread and butter clad coinage, I am still predicting to come in-between $1,500 and $2,000 for this year. HH!

Attachments

• Coins Silver 46&47 10212019 001.jpg
    Coins Silver 46&47 10212019 001.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 340
  • coin image 2.jpg
    coin image 2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Coins Silver 46&47 10212019 003.jpg
    Coins Silver 46&47 10212019 003.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 279
Nice silvers!! Your clad total this year is ridiculous!! I bet I haven’t dug nowhere near that much in clad since I started detecting in 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Nice silvers!! Your clad total this year is ridiculous!! I bet I haven’t dug nowhere near that much in clad since I started detecting in 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks coin whisperer! So far its been a good year all around. And as you know, it's getting harder and harder finding anything at the local places. But I have to say, most of all the finds have been deep.

John, a fine hunt ! Congrats on the silver score. That is cool when your fty is the same as the date on the coin. My # 35 was a 35GW. Makes you wonder sometimes. Your clad count is outstanding. Again congrats. HH Mark

Finding 47 silvers so far this year is no easy task! Finding those while also coming up with that much clad is phenomenal!! :shock:
"When Jak goes to town, he goes to TOWN! GL & HH!

Thank you!

A very nice outing John. Congrats on adding to your Silver count and the very impressive clad take. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I was on a dry spell for awhile with the silvers. It is a nice feeling when I can bring home one more silver but to find two was even better. I hope the clad findings continues as to beat last year's amount too.

John, a fine hunt ! Congrats on the silver score. That is cool when your fty is the same as the date on the coin. My # 35 was a 35GW. Makes you wonder sometimes. Your clad count is outstanding. Again congrats. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! It was like a crazy experience when I dug out the '46 GW and it was my #46 fty silver. I will be at it again tomorrow and hopefully will be able to add to any of my coin totals. And well done to you too on finding that '35 GW for #35 and to relate to the experience of it all!

Nice job on the silvers and dang that’s a lot of clad.

Thanks GroundSweeper! Many times I feel I am just lucky. But I do feel the new detector has sure helped a lot too.

Nice pair of silvers, congrats!

Thanks Jamflicker! It is something, when I least expect it, silvers come back to into the picture.

:laughing: yeah man that's a ton of clad:shock::shock::shock:

Thanks metaladdict! Honestly, I had a good clad year last year. But I hope I will be able to beat that number. Just from a quick look of things, the number of dimes seem to be in the lead.

Finding 47 silvers so far this year is no easy task! Finding those while also coming up with that much clad is phenomenal!! :shock:
"When Jak goes to town, he goes to TOWN! GL & HH!

Thanks Foragist! Much appreciate your kind words. So far I have beat last year's silver total. Hopefully, I can beat the clad year-end total too. I really enjoy finding those overlooked clad warm spots.

Nice finds JAK! Your clad totals are awesome, and go get that 50th silver!

Thanks LovestheShiny! I now drop/store my clad in separate 5 gallon buckets, it's like crazy how those things are filling up...and I don't mind it. Now I got to focus on finding silver #48...and hopefully more.

That clad count! Geeze, you must have a fast retrieval time. I'm darn slow. I might get a buck or so in 2 hrs hunting. I suck!

Thank you!

Great finds, John, congrats! And W:shock:W; $1,500 in clad is pretty amazing! :gettinmoney:

Thanks Wolf-Dog! It's like crunch time now, trying to get those last coins in before the year-end totals. Although, it is getting harder and harder in finding those good productive sites.

That clad count! Geeze, you must have a fast retrieval time. I'm darn slow. I might get a buck or so in 2 hrs hunting. I suck!

Thanks tinsmith! I got the technique down pretty good with the digging. I squat and never go on the knees. As I go down, I push in the 18" Samson.

Very nice. Congrats on the silvers.

Thanks mdtrapper! I thought last year was good, but I think this year might even be better. And next year, I think will be a real challenge.

Back
Top Bottom