• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Girls School 2018: Round 2

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I went back to the girls school for a few hours today. Same spot as yesterday for the most part, just grinding it out looking for deep squeakers. The equinox continues to blow my mind, in particular when I found the 3 pieces of shredded silver jewelry. The strange large copper also was a really crazy recovery @9-10" down, in a hole full of iron. I heard a crackle of a high tone through the iron, hunting in all metal mode. It was one of those signals where you walk away, then your curiosity makes you come back and dig it. Glad I went back for it because its definitely a strange find. I thought it was a cattle tag at first but I dont think so after cleaning it up.
I nabbed the 1916 merc on the way out...too bad no D mint mark. It had a big rusty nail in the hole with it. An 1887 Indian head rounded out the hunt.
8ebd979091ca948bbac70e4f049aff56.jpg
40fe44adf47e1dafc58d85ca411a0851.jpg
aa4938a86fda5e4cda1aa023049cc6a2.jpg
ae4ff2bbc6c8791f62177ebfc7a7c4f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Very nice finds! That big old copper with the stamped date and other designs is very unusual. Think it had something to do with the girls school? It appears that you have good hunting grounds there.

More super digging George. Was the 1858 and the other markings inscribed on the copper? Does the coin have any other identity upon it? Anyway congrats on another very fine day. Trapper

Great job finding some good targets. The Nox took me a bit to get used too when mixed targets with iron but seems like you have it down.

More super digging George. Was the 1858 and the other markings inscribed on the copper? Does the coin have any other identity upon it? Anyway congrats on another very fine day. Trapper

Yes, the date looks like some counterstamps i've seen previously but it's a little larger than a large cent/KG with no other detail. I'm going to send a pic to the school today to see if their history buffs can figure out what it means. The other side of it was inscribed by hand it looks like.

Nice to see the nox pulling deep stuff, all metal huh? More fun adjustments for me to tryout!:yes:

I'm used to hunting in pinpoint/all metal with my excalibur so it's nice to have it on the Nox too. It sounded like machine gun fire w/ all the iron in the ground on this campus.

Back
Top Bottom