The Backyard...

northeastnick

So it just rained here heavily in NEPA and im planning on mding the backyard for the first time..Im so excited;)... Any tips,suggestions or little pieces of info? I know my home has been here since at least the 60s,any chance of hitting it big?:?::D:p

--Nick

Well if It has been there since the 60s, then there is a chance you might find coins from the 20s on up. You might find gold or silver Jewelry people lost.

There also might be a small chance that there was a house there before, maybe from the 1800s. There could be coins 200 years old in your back yard.

The thing is you never will know what you might find. Thats what makes the hunt exciting. You might spend 2 weeks detecting and find a rusty nail. Or you could turn your detector on and the 1st sweep results in a tiffany gold ring.

Best of luck and happy huntin'

Well if its wet & muddy just try to get the signal out of the ground before the hole fills with water..:roll: Good luck hope you strike it rich..

Well if It has been there since the 60s, then there is a chance you might find coins from the 20s on up. You might find gold or silver Jewelry people lost.

There also might be a small chance that there was a house there before, maybe from the 1800s. There could be coins 200 years old in your back yard.

The thing is you never will know what you might find. Thats what makes the hunt exciting. You might spend 2 weeks detecting and find a rusty nail. Or you could turn your detector on and the 1st sweep results in a tiffany gold ring.

Best of luck and happy huntin'

I cant wait to start hunting!I just asked a member of my family and (its not our house) but she thinks the house is at least 80 years old :)..Does that statement sweetin' the pot a bit?:shock:

Last fall I went down to Mom's house to detect. Found wheaties and clad where the clothes line used to hang (think coin going through the wash and falling out of pockets when hung). We had a huge maple tree that we used to climb as a kid, but I didn't find anything under where it used to be (my brother took it down the week before due to rot). Hope to go back this spring and try again. Good luck hunting! Curt

Back
Top Bottom