• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Draped Bust, AT Pro Bust, and a Calendar Coin/Medal.

wtfisthat

So worked pretty hard to come up with these few items today, had a couple small flats and pockets full of pull tabs and my arm cuff snapped on my ATP. For those of you who have not experienced this it is not good. So I pushed though because I wasn't quite ready to quit. I hit a solid 90 target and thought it was the moment I was waiting for, dug out my find and became very excited at first site. This is it! The big silver I've been waiting for! WRONG! It was the calendar coin. Still pretty cool but a bit of a let down. Struggled along a little more on the way back to the car, and nailed this Draped Bust LC 1802. I looked it up and apparently there is about 20 different variety's of this coin and I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between them.

Attachments

• IMAG0494.jpg
    IMAG0494.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 436
  • IMAG0495.jpg
    IMAG0495.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 440
  • IMAG0496.jpg
    IMAG0496.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMAG0491.jpg
    IMAG0491.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 417
  • IMAG0492.jpg
    IMAG0492.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 434
I LOVE the Draped Bust and earlier coppers! They look more colonial than the other coins, to me at least.

Awesome hunt. :yes:

Wow !!!!

That is the nicest Draped Bust Large Cent I've seen come out of the dirt in a long time. I'd bet it would slab too. Perhaps a touch corroded, but it is a nice coin, very nice find. Good Hunt !! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom