Surprise CHR hunt today

pan4au

Elite Member
I have some boxes ordered for next week but today I got out today to hit the annual Big Yard sale in my area. I decided I was going further than I usually do then hit some banks looking for halves. Most didn't have any 1 had 1, another had 3. I finally found a bank with $30, then another with a $100 A quick look.. skunked..
I found one bank that had $200. I bought $100.. thinking ..another dump (as was the last $100) I drove down the road a some pulled over a took a quick look... The first roll had 2-40%'ers.. I went back to the bank and got the other $100.
The first $100 had 6-40%.. The second had 1-40% and one roll marked "NEW 2003" That roll had 20- 2003 NIFC's plus 2 bi-cent. I searched the other coins better when I got home and found a 1974D with "No FG".. I'll put it under the microscope later to verify My surprised CRH netted me 7- 40% and looks like another error coin plus an un-circulated roll of 2003P's

Attachments

• June8 crh.1.jpg
    June8 crh.1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 149
  • June8 crh.2.jpg
    June8 crh.2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 132
Congrats on a fine hunt! Although I order a box every week I have not had any success when I stop at the banks asking for halves or large dollar coin. I believe there are a number of collectors in my area who seem to be able to get there before I ever do. Again, nice hunt !

thanks guys. I hope my 6 box hunt next week will be good. Best of luck all and HH

Back
Top Bottom