Starting a Tribe!

Compass

Forum Supporter
I went on a hunt with Romy and a mutual friend today. No gold for any of us but we all had decent finds. Near the same spot where I found the 1906 Indian Penny and buffalo nickels 2 weeks ago, I found a 1907 IP today. I had my phone with me so I captured the moment:
picture.php

I followed that up with a thin silver Roosevelt dime...
picture.php

...and near the end of the hunt I found a hefty tungsten carbide ring.
picture.php

My Excal is still in the shop being modified so I used the Dual Field on today's hunt. I love the Dual Field but this area is so trashy that it really tested my patience (and my back). It was a fun hunt but it would have been more fun with "discrimination". :yes: :lol: GL&HH!

Keep us posted how your beaches pan out with the incoming swell @ Tues, Thurs, etc....

Finding and IH penny detecting is on my detecting bucket list. Congrats!

Wtg George ! Man i love those IHP'S so neat to dig it and know at that moment that its a IHP :D unlike me finding out once i cleaned it off at home :p lol but yeah the finds are getting harder to find and far and few between but it just makes it more fun when we get some goods too, a little harder work is the key, gotta out think and or work the last guys ;) always a pleasure hunting with you bud

Trash or no trash, you still did good!
Thanks Glasshopper, Yes, the end did justify the means! :yes:

Keep us posted how your beaches pan out with the incoming swell @ Tues, Thurs, etc....
Will do Tom. Any of this heading your way? :?:

Finding and IH penny detecting is on my detecting bucket list. Congrats!
Thanks Felix, I think that there's a bucket list/Indian/"pail" face joke in here somewhere. ;)

Wtg George ! Man i love those IHP'S so neat to dig it and know at that moment that its a IHP :D unlike me finding out once i cleaned it off at home :p lol but yeah the finds are getting harder to find and far and few between but it just makes it more fun when we get some goods too, a little harder work is the key, gotta out think and or work the last guys ;) always a pleasure hunting with you bud
Thanks Romy, I've enjoyed all of our hunts together as well. Too bad that work and life sometimes gets in the way of our hobbies eh?

Congrats on the nice finds!
Thank you Waveoff!

.... Will do Tom. Any of this heading your way? :?: ...

Now they've downgraded it. I'm not too excited about it anymore. It looks like it'll be *barely* registering 15 ft NW on any of those days. And for Monterey bay, (NW facing beaches) that's not good enough. I'll certainly go take a looksie, but am not holding out high hopes.

How

Can i join the Tribe , even though i am on the East Coast , my best Indian 2016, i didnt hunt but 2 times in 2017 due to my new house flooding out, and getting re built

Attachments

• 11-12-2014 hunt with Park Hunter 002.JPG
    11-12-2014 hunt with Park Hunter 002.JPG
    171.3 KB · Views: 331
Can i join the Tribe , even though i am on the East Coast , my best Indian 2016, i didnt hunt but 2 times in 2017 due to my new house flooding out, and getting re built

I've been asking to get in on the hunts for over a yr.... These Pirates are tight lipped about their bay

I've been asking to get in on the hunts for over a yr.... These Pirates are tight lipped about their bay

Sorry LT, If I discover an area I'm happy to share. If someone invites me to an area they found I have to respect their wishes. It's in the Pirate's Code. :yes:

Thanks Guys

My kind of people on the West coast, on the East coast for now, that Indian was found land hunting George which i did in 2016, 2017 was the worst year of my life, trying to put it behind me, Thanks Earl PS LOW TIDE Loose lips do sink ships. It's happened to one of my bro's over here, i am looking at the fastest jet Ski with a turbo you can get, as ya gotta keep up with those pirates or they make that- quick exit :laughing:, on the other hand, just kidding, i am looking for a 2320 or 2300 cc Parker, for fishing - 80 k is a hard chunk of :money: to swallow , happy hunting West coast, Mid Atlantic down and out.

Last edited:
Beautiful coin. If I'm correct, the area you hunted was established around 1906 so that's a good one right there.

Back
Top Bottom