Found this today..

jtindover

Ok my girl loves going to consignment and thrift shops. Today I tagged along to the Good Will thrift shop with her. I am always on the hunt for that climatic find little did I know they sold them in jars:shock:

Attachments

• Climax Jar.jpg
    Climax Jar.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 731
Thanks. The area I live in is surrounded by apple and peach orchards. There was 2 more on the shelf missing lids. I went back to get them however someone already grabbed them.

Yep, they are cool..
I would have snatched them all..
Would make cool jars for your change you dig..
I use one similar for my silver..
Same style, just no writing on it..
Same latching lid though..
I love them..
Sonnydigs

Thanks. The area I live in is surrounded by apple and peach orchards. There was 2 more on the shelf missing lids. I went back to get them however someone already grabbed them.

Wow that's a nice find! I don't know enough about old jars to be any authority on them, but I know that you can find them quite often here in Florida at estate auctions. We have one in Zephyrhills, FL that runs every week and you can find glass jars of all vintages there. And treasures of all kinds actually.

I have a search resource that everyone should get familiar with if they are into collectibles:

http://www.auctionzip.com/

You type in your zip code and the radius you're willing to drive and it brings up a listing of all the auctions that meet your criteria. One of my favorite auctions has a little bit of everything for everyone. Besides metal detecting and everything that entails, I'm also into ephemera (old paperwork, newspapers, sheet music, documentation, etc). You can find glass items as well as china, silverware, etc at estate auctions as well. I'm always on the lookout for old comic books for my brother-in-law and vintage toys for my son. One of my favorite finds is a newspaper from the civil war that had sheet music in it, it's a song for the soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom