Last Sunday's Disaster Led to Yesterday's Cure For My Addiction - 171 Coins!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
SUNDAY 11/14:
Last Sunday was too rough for a water hunt so I broke out Noxy for a wet sand hunt. Targets were few and I had the arm cuff come completely off about 30-35 minutes into the hunt. I put it back, noticing the screw was bottoming out and not being able to get a good tightening. It would come loose again, and again I would retighten. The last time I tightened it, I thought it was good, so I decided to go in the water and try my luck there. After about 30 minutes, I noticed the cuff had come off again. And the screw was missing. I have a detector so it shouldn’t be a problem finding it right? Well after about 20-30 minutes I gave up on finding the screw, packed it up and went home. :( I got a new arm cuff out to repair it and noticed it still had the wobble on the shaft the previous one had which I had attributed to a possibly larger drill hole on the DIY carbon shaft that I had made for it. I realized the problem right away that my shaft was slightly thinner than the stock shaft, so I got some black electrical tape and went around a couple of times where the arm cuff attaches to the shaft and voila! Wobble is gone and now the screw tightens much better. Problem is solved! :yes:

SATURDAY 11/20:
Again, another weekend of very rough surf and generally miserable, off and on rainy weather. Even most of the beach vendors did not put out their lounge chairs. There were only a couple of surfers and quite a few kite surfers. However, I have an addiction and I needed to go out for a hunt. I took fixed up Noxy out again and basically had non-stop targets for my 4.5-hour hunt! :mder: I knew I was going to go over 100 coins which was my goal for this hunt. It was a lot of fun, but at the end I noticed I was getting sore from the workout, and the incoming tide, which started filling up holes quicker than I could get to the targets, so it was time to go. I couldn’t sniff out the silver or yellow - so a nice looking junk ring was the best target of the day, but at least the shakes from my addiction were now gone. :yes: :lol:

Attachments

• 11-14-21.jpg
    11-14-21.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 389
  • 11-20-21.jpg
    11-20-21.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 386
  • 11-20-21 Ring.jpg
    11-20-21 Ring.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 380
  • 20211121_074759.jpg
    20211121_074759.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 11-20-21 FC (1).jpg
    11-20-21 FC (1).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 11-20-21 FC (2).jpg
    11-20-21 FC (2).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
114 PENNIES !!! OMG I would be pretty close to worn out after that many pennies ! Nice Hunt Felix ! The gold and silver awaits you. Having another super low tide tomorrow morning so I'm looking forward to that.

When I get into those 300-500 coin hunts , I call it a coin buffet. All you can dig ! Good going.

The Russians and Ukrainians are leaving their coins a lot in Florida.:yes:
Because they are worthless! :lol: Give me some Euro coins which are worth something and I can actually use next summer! :yes:
114 PENNIES !!! OMG I would be pretty close to worn out after that many pennies !
Craig is going to be so proud! :laughing:
When I get into those 300-500 coin hunts , I call it a coin buffet. All you can dig !
I like that "coin buffet" term! :lol: The most coins I've ever dug is somewhere past 200 and I believe I was dirt digging at a Scout campsite.

Last edited:
You really have these guys fooled... your coin total should be less because of the worthless Felix pennies... maybe they were just being nice with the holiday seasons upon us... but you know me.. you will get none of that from me :lol:

Ill

Give you credit Felix , you can start your own foreign currency exchange shop :laughing: , use the zincs for covering your bat mobile , & buy a battery for that go pro , so we can see some eye candy , happy hunting .

why oh why felix do you dig all those cruddy pennies when you can easily discriminate them out. think of all that wasted energy, 99.9% of the time its a penny

why oh why felix do you dig all those cruddy pennies when you can easily discriminate them out. think of all that wasted energy, 99.9% of the time its a penny
This was supposed to be "a penny". ;)

Attachments

• 3-16-14 Ring 2.jpg
    3-16-14 Ring 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 203
Back
Top Bottom