Only in the philippines

Our house was built with the big blocks. Than filled with cement and steel bars. Our foundation goes 8 feet down to bed rock. We have been through a number of quakes. The only thing that happened was a big picture fell from the wall. Broke the !!!! out of it too.

Most people will use the 4 inch blocks. It is all they can afford. Some times it might take them years to build a small house. When they get extra money they will buy a few supplies.

KEN :D

Well 4" blocks are definitely better than bamboo. Glad you have a good solid foundation.

Gilligan's Island visits the Philippines :laughing::laughing::laughing: (thanks to idea from forum member David)
Gilligans_Island_Phil2.jpg

Gary,, You are one cracker jack when it comes to doing things with pictures. That took some work. Fun job

Thanks for the kind words Ken, very glad you enjoyed it !

(it's really not too hard once you get used to using the software)

Some people enjoy relaxing and doing crossword puzzles, I enjoy creatively editing pictures (and sometimes doing crossword puzzles too :lol:)

projects

Our house was built with the big blocks. Than filled with cement and steel bars. Our foundation goes 8 feet down to bed rock. We have been through a number of quakes. The only thing that happened was a big picture fell from the wall. Broke the !!!! out of it too.

Most people will use the 4 inch blocks. It is all they can afford. Some times it might take them years to build a small house. When they get extra money they will buy a few supplies.

Often families will have some one working out side the Philippines sending money with each check or a relative living over here that helps out . With each amount they get they will buy some supplies and work on the project till the money runs out. Some projects can take a long time to complete a little at a time. Doing it that way it keeps the goal of a better life in site. If they had to accumulate all the money up front they would spend it on some thing else and it would never get built.

Okay, thought of a couple more I had to do, here's the first one......

Larry and Curly goofed while Moe was away for a week getting more supplies :laughing::laughing::laughing:
stooges_phil.jpg

Ken

I like how Ken is peeking over the wall in every picture. :laughing:

Over there it probably pays to keep a eye on your neighbors , and a tree inside a house is not something you see over here every day. Gary has been adding some very funny additions to the pictures. May be that is why Ken built the big wall in his back yard last year. Big walls and fences make good neighbors over there, and help make sure your stuff doesn't walk off.:laughing:

Them are good Gary. I hope others get a kick out of that... KEN :laughing:

Thanks Ken, some edits just seem to fit the picture :lol:

Wonder who else is going to show up at the construction site ?:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sure is a busy construction site :lol:

I like how Ken is peeking over the wall in every picture. :laughing:

.....good catch !!!!! .....I wondered if anyone noticed that :lol:

(the only one where he is not peeking over the wall is the first one where he is peeking from the hammock)

Jollibee

Hey, imagine getting invited to lunch for helping keep watch on the place ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 406249
I bet Ken is ready for some Jollibee's about now ,after several weeks of native foods a good hamburger , fries and fried chicken can really hit the spot. Jollibee is a copy of our McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken combined for those who have never heard of it. Jollibee has become the go to place for families wanting to celebrate a event. Lots of birthdays , graduations ,family functions are now celebrated there, or with bags of their goodies brought home. I know after about 1 week over there, i will walk by one when we go into the big city in the mall and have to make a stop for some American food. When we make a shopping run into the city for supplies, all the relatives want to go along so they can get a meal there since we are paying. Ken enjoy those burgers , fries , & fried chicken now that you are thinking about them .:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom