"New" member, back again

Welcome back MD. It's good your wife is supportive of the addiction and having the kids along makes for a good Dad. Good luck hunting we are glad you decided to join in. show use the captures.

Thanks dirtydog, having a supportive wife has been awesome and now the kids are even getting into it. My son loves when I dig because he's interested in what I find and usually looking for me to give him the coin if it is one (as has happened in my yard hunts recently :lol:)

Welcome back. You know, I also was somewhat self-conscious when I started this hobby about 7 months ago. I hunted the most out-of-the-way places to make sure that I was alone, and would leave if anyone showed up or noticed me.

Since I started finding cool stuff, the hobby has become very rewarding and enjoyable for me, and my stigma gradually wore off. Now I really don't care who is watching or what they are thinking, because I am justified in my mind: I find cool and valuable items and I really enjoy myself.

I knew it wasn't just me but it's nice to hear it from someone else. The more I watch people scooping up the silver and other goodies on YouTube the less I care about others around me. I will be hopefully heading out for a good ball field hunt on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom