Mud-puppy seems is viral here..

strange Scenes and Eerie Events (excerpt)
From the book “Never Sniff a Gift Fish” by Patrick F. McManus

Every day weird things happen for which there are no rational explanations. Take, for example, the case of Retch Sweeney’s watch.

Retch and I were trolling on a lake in Canada several years ago and, as he leaned over the side of the boat to net a nice rainbow trout I was bringing in, Retch’s watch came loose from his wrist and fell into the lake. Not only was the watch expensive, but it held great sentimental value: Retch’s wife had given it to him on their twentieth anniversary. It bore the inscription, “To Charley Bombi, for 40 years dedicated service to Acme Sand & Gravel Co.” Retch’s wife is a great one for sentiment.

Five years after Retch lost his watch in the Canadian lake, he and I went on a boat-camping trip on a lake in Montana. It is important to note that there is no waterway connecting the two lakes. After making camp, Retch and I went out to see if we couldn’t hook into one of the monster rainbows reported in the vicinity. Sure enough, as we trolled past the mouth of a stream, Retch’s rod whipped double and a few seconds later a beautiful rainbow was doing aerial gymnastics. We went back to camp and while I started preparing supper, Retch dressed out his fish. Suddenly he let out a great yell. I rushed over to see what had happened.

“Look what I found in this rainbow,” he shouted, holding up a shiny object.

“I can scarcely believe my eyes,” I said. “How could such a thing happen?”

“Beats me,” Retch said. “I’ve never even heard of anybody finding a bottle cap in the stomach of a fish before.”

“Me either,” I said. “Now if it had been the watch you lost in the lake up in Canada, I could understand that. You read in the newspapers all the time about that sort of thing happening.”

I actually thought you were going to write he found his watch! And maybe an eagle carried the rainbow to the second lake. I guess that's what I wanted to read.:roll:

I actually thought you were going to write he found his watch! And maybe an eagle carried the rainbow to the second lake. I guess that's what I wanted to read.:roll:

I was expecting the trout had the lost watch myself:D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

......what next ?
.......book signings for Mud, interviews by local news stations, maybe even invited to appear on a TV talk show to demonstrate his coin popping skills ? :shock: :lol:

......wow, Pennywise, what a neat idea, maybe have it on the cover as a holographic type addition where you only see it when you tilt the book a little :shock: and then have a paper balloon pop up when you open the cover :lol:

"The Mental Detector" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like that idea, a very creative and fitting play on words for someone who has thoughtful musings on detecting :lol:

The other one made me think of "Mad" magazine, maybe he could be featured in a comic with Alfred E. Neuman saying "What, Me Worry .....about digging ?" (I use a screwdriver to pop coins out of the ground :lol:) :laughing::laughing::laughing:

It should of said “The Mad Cladder” like Alice in wonderland but auto correct ruined my moment of glory. LOL.

MudPuppy for President! :kingdances:

Could he do any worse that what we have , his first act would most likely be to open all national parks to Detecting. His second could be a tax deduction for all metal detecting equipment and supplies. Maybe follow up by a National metal detecting days.:laughing:

+1 Dogs Allowed & Metal Detecting in National Parks. :dingding:

Will he have to kiss babies? running for Prez

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 108
  • download_zpserpkfxir.jpg
    download_zpserpkfxir.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 109

You got THAT right buddy! Day ONE! First order of Office!...Then, the $2 and $5 coin minting begins immediately, Silver Coins only, for the 10's and 20's...Gold Standard for the 50's and 100's...Paper bills banished....Debit and CC cards outlawed for OTC and Vending machine transactions,.....All City and Municipal Park Greenskeepers would be issued Merc/Barber dime dispensers to add to the mower decks...like grass seeders...call it 'Trickle down economics', whatever...

Also, I'd put out a 5k bounty on all Illegals....Live capture of course, to be redeemed at the nearest Walmart like an empty beer can!...How come Detectorists are the only ones worried about trespassing violations? Sheesh...Asking permission to hunt a Public Park? Digger please! Lets put this into perspective!

Hey, Walmart has the logistics and all sorts of empty containers heading back to China anyway?!...Why not stuff em full of illegals and dangerous incorrigable repeat criminals like Lawyers and Bankers, Drug dealers, Pedos, Congressmen, Building Inspectors and IRS agents...?

Off to China you go! Try getting out of there to repeat offend!! :laughing: Hell, you'd be on the menu and served up for dinner at the nearest restaurant by evening! "General Chows Congressman", "Peking Pedophile", "Daddy Warbux Wonton Soup", "Guatamalan Gazpacho with a side of fried MS13 fingerling niblets" etc...Its a friggin Win Win all around...

It would give all sorts of Americans something productive to do, catching Illegals and dangerous Criminals?...Be healthy exercise and all sorts of Fun even!...Merc and Barber dimes slung out all over the place? Whats not to like about this?

Happy Days are Here Again! A pinpointer in Every pot!

..'Dueling' of course would be re-instituted Nationwide, making for a more polite Society...In the Congress and Senate to resolve disputes and cut through the chatter, maybe get something done politely......Covered on Pay Per View...THATS how you balance a budget and circumvent a Filibuster!:laughing:

I imagine, if Dueling was legal, there would be a more civil Society and we'd get a lot more done, things would sort themselves out without getting the Legal system involved.....Dont like your Daughters Boyfriend? Call him out! Dont like how your neighbor cuts his grass? No need to get all weeweed up and blindside tackle him, simply Glove Slap him cordially and challenge him to a duel!

Heck, get creative! As the Challenger, you can dictate the parameters! Go racing straight at each other on your yard tractors! Like some kind of old Timey English Knights! With a spear tucked under your arm or gunz a blazing or a baseball bat!! That would be freaking awesome! Sponsored by John Deere and Kubota!

We would have a whole different set of politicians in office thats for sure...Even in the Media? Dueling is the quick solution! Good shots and a polite populace at the very least...murderous all the same, but at least their @ss could be on the line a time or two...

I bet Hannity could completely wipe out the entire CNN staff by noon! Can you imagine poor Anderson Cooper trying to figure out how to operate a revolver? Probably a .22..seeing poor Wolf laying there with a .44 hole right between his eyes? No giggling like a little schoolgirl I bet! 'Battle of the Network Stars' with live ammo? Hannity standing there reloading and grinning?.:laughing: "Ive gotta be on the air in 10 minutes, why dont you all stand single file and lets get this formality over with?!"

Last edited:
You got THAT right buddy! Day ONE! First order of Office!...Then, the $2 and $5 coin minting begins immediately, Silver Coins only, for the 10's and 20's...Gold Standard for the 50's and 100's...Paper bills banished....Debit and CC cards outlawed for OTC and Vending machine transactions,.....All City and Municipal Park Greenskeepers would be issued Merc/Barber dime dispensers to add to the mower decks...like grass seeders...call it 'Trickle down economics', whatever...

Also, I'd put out a 5k bounty on all Illegals....Live capture of course, to be redeemed at the nearest Walmart like an empty beer can!...How come Detectorists are the only ones worried about trespassing violations? Sheesh...Asking permission to hunt a Public Park? Digger please! Lets put this into perspective!

Hey, Walmart has the logistics and all sorts of empty containers heading back to China anyway?!...Why not stuff em full of illegals and dangerous incorrigable repeat criminals like Lawyers and Bankers, Drug dealers, Pedos, Congressmen, Building Inspectors and IRS agents...?

Off to China you go! Try getting out of there to repeat offend!! :laughing: Hell, you'd be on the menu and served up for dinner at the nearest restaurant by evening! "General Chows Congressman", "Peking Pedophile", "Daddy Warbux Wonton Soup", "Guatamalan Gazpacho with a side of fried MS13 fingerling niblets" etc...Its a friggin Win Win all around...

It would give all sorts of Americans something productive to do, catching Illegals and dangerous Criminals?...Be healthy exercise and all sorts of Fun even!...Merc and Barber dimes slung out all over the place? Whats not to like about this?

Happy Days are Here Again! A pinpointer in Every pot!

..'Dueling' of course would be re-instituted Nationwide, making for a more polite Society...In the Congress and Senate to resolve disputes and cut through the chatter, maybe get something done politely......Covered on Pay Per View...THATS how you balance a budget and circumvent a Filibuster!:laughing:

I imagine, if Dueling was legal, there would be a more civil Society and we'd get a lot more done, things would sort themselves out without getting the Legal system involved.....Dont like your Daughters Boyfriend? Call him out! Dont like how your neighbor cuts his grass? No need to get all weeweed up and blindside tackle him, simply Glove Slap him cordially and challenge him to a duel!

Heck, get creative! As the Challenger, you can dictate the parameters! Go racing straight at each other on your yard tractors! Like some kind of old Timey English Knights! With a spear tucked under your arm or gunz a blazing or a baseball bat!! That would be freaking awesome! Sponsored by John Deere and Kubota!

We would have a whole different set of politicians in office thats for sure...Even in the Media? Dueling is the quick solution! Good shots and a polite populace at the very least...murderous all the same, but at least their @ss could be on the line a time or two...

I bet Hannity could completely wipe out the entire CNN staff by noon! Can you imagine poor Anderson Cooper trying to figure out how to operate a revolver? Probably a .22..seeing poor Wolf laying there with a .44 hole right between his eyes? No giggling like a little schoolgirl I bet! 'Battle of the Network Stars' with live ammo? Hannity standing there reloading and grinning?.:laughing: "Ive gotta be on the air in 10 minutes, why dont you all stand single file and lets get this formality over with?!"

Your creative writing skills are as strong as ever. You got my vote for president !!

e.e. cummins more likely !!

and a touch of Clad :DHunter S. Thompson

New block buster hot rock book scheduled out by Mud end of Jan to be out in conjunction with the much anticipated Nox "Fear and pulltab Loathing at the park" in Las Vegas tot lots. Schools will be closed a red carpet parade is in the works don't know how planned is spelled:grin:

I'm not sure what the autograpth fee will be, may be he could give us a discount.Mud will be jumping out a airplane paraphrase or parachute for the autograpth signing, don't miss it. It will be televised and on closed circuit tv.

It will rival Evel Knievel's jump of the Grand Canyon but a little safer for Mud. De Fuhrer will be the guest of honour please feel free to show him your Treasure Depot banner finds.

Last edited:
and a touch of Clad :DHunter S. Thompson

New block buster hot rock book scheduled out by Mud end of Jan to be out in conjunction with the much anticipated Nox "Fear and pulltab Loathing at the park" in Las Vegas tot lots. Schools will be closed a red carpet parade is in the works don't know how planned is spelled:grin:

I'm not sure what the autograpth fee will be, may be he could give us a discount.Mud will be jumping out a airplane paraphrase or parachute for the autograpth signing, don't miss it. It will be televised and on closed circuit tv.

It will rival Evel Knievel's jump of the Grand Canyon but a little safer for Mud. DE Fuhrer will be the guest of honour please feel free to show him your Treasure Depot banner finds.

Maybe the fee will be a silver merc for just a signature, a silver quarter or more for additional witty comments :laughing:

......get your "Mud-Puppy for President" buttons now ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 404207

.....just thought of something, imagine if the next election there are some detectorists on the forum that do not like ANY of the candidates running for president and decide to do a "write-in" vote of "Mud-Puppy" ! :laughing:

......can you imagine the look on the faces of the vote counters trying to figure out who or what is "Mud-Puppy" :shock: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

button_vote_mp.jpg

Mud for Prez

Hmmm

Policy goals :

Opening of detecting on all public land.

The return to "coin currency" in denominations under $100.

Free public transportation for detectorists.

Hmmm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I didnt say nothing about free Public transportation Wulf?....Ok,...damn good idea Brother! Lets tag it onto the Gettysburg/Fed land 'open detecting' bill as a special earmark?...Second term agenda?...Group deal to keep the economy rolling along? Maybe bundle it with others for max effect?

"Free F150s and unlimited fuel card with every USA coil or Detector purchase?" Something like this? Can I count on your support? Open carry? :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom